Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When stopped at a light the A/C starts to blow warm, even hot at times. Then once I begin moving the A/C blows ice cold again until the next light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have a solution but this has happened on two other Hondas I have owned, a 2008 Odyssey and a 2009 Civic.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,128 Posts
Welcome to the EOC RONBO2351! :)

When I first bought my Element, my mechanic checked it over, and he said that if the A/C ever stops cooling while at a stop light, to check to see if both of the electric cooling fans are working. If one or both are not working, it will cause this issue.

It's something easy to check out before you look any further.

Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
2005 Cargo Khaki EX (MT)
7 Posts
When stopped at a light the A/C starts to blow warm, even hot at times. Then once I begin moving the A/C blows ice cold again until the next light.

I was having the same kind of issue, and it was my AC fan that had died, so the system was trying to cool all on the one (drivers side) fan causing my system to not get very cold during stops and in town driving. On the freeway it was fine. My coolant levels were also all over the place while it was dead. My overflow tank was topping out in summer. It drove me crazy trying to figure out what was going on as I never ran the AC system in the driveway to see if BOTH fans came on. Whoops. Now that both are working, coolant levels have stabilized and the AC is cold all the time. After I replaced the fan I used a fluid hand pump to get the coolant in the overflow back into the radiator to get everything back to proper levels. I did the fan install myself. Its not a very difficult job.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts