Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife can't comfortably glance over from the passenger seat to see how fast that I'm going!

We were running late to an appointment, then to make things slower, we got more delayed by a train.

To make up time, I was doing 80 in a 60 zone, and this is the first time in 25 years of Marriage, then 6 years dating before that -that she didn't comment on my speeding.

I love this featurE...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
awesome!!...... wait, I guess my wife has x-ray vision then........:shock: either that or the wind trying to pry the doors open at the top is a give away.... hahahhaa

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Guess you weren't going thru Leawood, those boyz seem to know I'm speeding all the time........................

·
Registered
106 Posts
Please drive through Harwood Heights, IL

A little suburb on NW border of Chicago.

Speeding tickets are our only source of income right now!
Our town has more radar patrol police than residents.

And now we have Traffic Cameras punching out tickets at a unbelievable rate.
($100.00) each
But not quite enough to prevent a real estate tax increase.

So I repeat.

"Ramblin Boy why don't you settle down
Harwood Heights is your kind of town,
there ain't no cops and just one "E" ."

My apology to Dave Loggins

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
My wife can't comfortably glance over from the passenger seat to see how fast that I'm going! . . . this is the first time in 25 years of Marriage, then 6 years dating before that -that she didn't comment on my speeding.. .
The top 3 reasons for your wife not commenting on your speeding after experiencing your driving for 30+ years:

3. she was too terrified to talk,
2. she has bought more insurance and given up trying to change how you drive,
1. the ride of the Element on a smooth road is so solid and stable that she didn't realize how fast you were moving.

I vote for number 1. When we had a Chevy Lumina, it wallowed and floated so much that my wife of 30+ years was checking at the speedometer if I drove over 60 mph. She seldom drove on expressways because she didn't "feel" that she had control of the vehicle at higher speeds.

Since we bought the Element, that's all changed. Now, she enjoys driving. Once I re-taught her how to merge, she got much more comfortable driving on interstates, though the traffic density has increased so much that I've become a more conservative driver. When we drive down to Tennessee, where the "limit" of 75 mph is generally ignored, I've found our speed creeping up over 80 without our realizing it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
or her seat wasn't back far enough...

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess you weren't going thru Leawood, those boyz seem to know I'm speeding all the time........................
Haha. Good 'ol Leawood.
Actually, ALT69 to 151st street.
I did see a "Smoky" that had someone pulled over there, but he was "busy" at the moment.

Make sure she can't see the GPS!
That's how I caught my kiddo doing 85!:roll::shock:
Thanks for that advice. I didn't think of that.

Now, if I could only have her stop adjusting the Radio volume down every time.;-)

·
Registered
873 Posts
You should see it with the old "plastic cone bra" style gauges, it was even harder for them to read then! :lol:
and I thought it was just me !!!!thanks TWI .
B T W I will know if my wife dies,when she stops telling me red light,slow down,go green light. , but its kinda funny how she has multilple times crashed all of our cars but I havent not once !!!go figure:?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Wow, what does it say about me when I'm the one who suggests that my BF should slow down? Then again, it was his own fault because he sent me the picture of his speedometer pointing at 100 mph, with the comment, "I"m making great time!" :shock:

My defense when someone comments on my speed?

"It seems like you're kinda going fast. How fast are you going?"
"62."
"This is a 50!"
"Yep."
"So you should slow down!"
"I'm not too terribly concerned about it, but thanks."

Actually, I think my old Astro van had an even better feature. The gauge had a needle behind a cutout, so if you looked at it from an angle, the needle looked like it was about 10 mph lower than it really was! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts