Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Still pretty much a newb but loving my Elee. OK, I bought it used a couple of months ago and I have a "maint. reqd" light or something like that. Is that the usual "check" engine thing that could be nothing? Are there any usual culprits with this? It's a 2004 with about 90k on it.

Also, I need to replace the rear brake light. How do I get to that?

One last thing, how do I get the factory rack off. The whole thing I mean, not just the crossbars. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Welcome to the asylum, your color-matched strait jacket will be delivered shortly. Drink deeply of the complimentary Kool-Aid until you forget your past life before us :D

For the owner's manual and the info about the check engine light specific to your model, sign up for Honda OwnerLink and you can view the manual online:
https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp

For the rear brake light, I HIGHLY suggest you pick up a service manual through HandA or similar site. Yes it's $75, but it's the single best investment you can make in Element ownership as it'll tell you everything you want to know and everything you didn't want too :D

For the roof rack, sorry I'm no help :sad:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Check the sticky at the top of this section for How to turn off the maintenance light. It is just on as an oil change reminder, and prolly isn't required anyway, as it is often not reset. It is very easy, you just need to know the procedure.

The tail light lens removes with a few philips head screws. Lift the hatch and drop the tailgate, remove screws. Pull the light assembly straight back. You'll see the bulb holders.

Welcome, and enjoy your E.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts