Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local dealer is offering me $18,999 for an EX 2WD silver. Is this a good deal? From what I've read here, it seems to be decent. If some one in the San Bernardino, So Cal area can recomend a dealer that could possibly offer a better deal, let me know.

·
Registered
156 Posts
2003 Element 2WD EX
Manual - Retail $18,650 (invoice $17,692.76)
Automatic - Retail $19,910 (invoice $18430.68 )

You didn't say whether it was auto or manual, or what options it had on it -- this is very important. Also, tell dealer you want their best "out the door" price -- includes all fees, etc. I would say 500 over invoice (no options included) is a *really* good price. Anything in that vicinity and you will have yourself a terrific deal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ingbus..
i drove the hell out to fontana and Rock Honda..while i'm not that thrilled with the price i got i have to say i had a wonderful patient salesman named david kim. you might call him and ask him some prices over the phone.
tell him olivia recommended him

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to Rock Honda, they were very pushy. I understand that they have to be firm, because that's what they do. However, they were too pushy for me. Right now, I'm waiting for Spreeen Honda to call me back. Hopefully they 've got what I need. thanks for all the replies!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I visited a neighborhood dealer several times and test drove 3 E's. I was after a 5 speed EX 2WD in Silver. Only silver. Shouldn't have been a big deal. Except Honda is not making many of them. The dealer said Honda's demographic studies indicated that that configuration wouldn't be in demand, so they aren't making many. Whatever.

So I figured I'd jsut hold out, wait a few months for my order to get built. I had decided. Firmly. I headed for the door. But the dude asked what if they gave up the auto for the piece of the stanard. Said they had a silver EX auto. (I prefer an auto for a daily driver, anyway.) So OK.

But the one they had wasn't there anymore. But they located a slver ex auto nearby, but it was 4wd. So I asked politely "What, are you deaf?" So he asked what if they discounted the 4WD to almost free?

So I went back to the service to department and confirmed that the price for maintenance was no more for 4 than for 2 WD. So OK.

So I bought the maintenance program, passed on their bullshit paint protection and undercoating, paid all the fees, and drove off for less then 19 G's.

·
Registered
90 Posts
just bought new AWD EX black last night for $21,600.00 out the door. but i did have to drive 212 mile one way to get it!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just bought my Black EX 4WD for $19,900 ($21,500 after MN state added their greviously large bite on top of that).

Sounds like I did okay! :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts