Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barvel and I were discussing some shops and he suggested that I start a thread for not just any shop in Southern California, but reputable ones that I would suggest to any person, Element or not. I hope that this thread can be a good place for people to just come and find a shop that not only fills the need you have, but will be a shop you can continue to go to in the future with whatever vehicle you may have. Here are some shops I would like to suggest:

Tire's Warehouse Inc.
18203 Mount Baldy Circle, Fountain Valley, CA
This is a great place to go to for alignments. What sets them apart from others is that they can and will align a lowered Element or other vehicle. Emelent, for instance, has probably the lowest Element out there. He kept getting turned down from places because they could not get his Element up on the alignment ramp. Brandon at Tire's Warehouse Inc. was able to use some 2x4's and allow Emelent, himself, to drive the Element up on the ramp. The customer service and the quality is unbeatable. Here is a big question everyone likes to know: What is the price? It is around $70 USD for an alignment, regardless of height.

Norm Reeves Honda HB
19131 Beach Boulevard, Huntington Beach, CA
This may very welhttp://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=74l be the best Honda dealership out there. I have been to Diamond [Bar] Honda and Honda World and the Norm Reeves in Cerritos, among other dealerships and I can tell you all that I have had the best customer service here in Huntington Beach. From just a basic oil change to a parts order to shopping for a new car, this is the place to go. Also, if you are in the area and need a part, let me know. I can get it for you for just a little above employee pricing. Almost all the OEM parts I have replaced or changed out just cause have come from this dealer.

Beach Auto Sound
18042 Beach Boulevard, Huntington Beach, CA
These guys have been around a long time. A good fact to know is that this shop actually works on the cars sent to them from almost every dealership on Beach Boulevard. From Hondas to Toyotas to Chryslers, they do it all. I had my OEM sub and additional 10" aftermarket sub and aftermarket amplifier installed with them. They are extremely professional and I trust that there work will be clean and perfect. Several of my friends are customers there now and, an EOC member [Gboybst578]. Recently, my friend who owns a Lexus IS300 had two 10" subs and an amplifier installed. He is going to come back to get his aftermarket head unit installed this weekend. He has seen their work and is going to come back time and again with whatever car he may own.

Auto Fashion USA
8451 Miralani Drive, San Diego, CA
I was referred to Auto Fashion by Chief [Darth Raider] and Mike [Burn619]. They both had their fenders cut there to accommodate and help with the rubbing from lowering their Elements. Having a lowered Element and some extreme rubbing, I went there to get them cut. People who do not know that I have got them cut are shocked when I tell them because it looks as thought it has not been touched. This is how clean of a job Auto Fashion did. They do everything from coilover adjustments to selling aftermarket parts. And, their customer service is great.

America's Tire Co.
15672 Springdale Street, Huntington Beach, CA
America's Tire Co. as a company has not really made an impression on me, but this specific location has. I knew what rims I wanted and I knew what I wanted in a tire. When I went in just to browse, I asked Tim if they had the rims I was looking for. He said no, but found them and told me he could get them sent to them. He, also, said that I could get my tires with them and get rotations, air checks, balances, etc. with them for the lifetime of my purchase. I see them every couple months to get my rotations and balances because I do it every 5,000 to 6,000 miles. They have been able to get to know me better and I have been able to get to know them better. Their customer service is great and they are one of the fastest places I have been to for the work they do. Also, recently, a friend of mine got his Tenzo Type-M rims from them because of the great service he knows I get with them. Also, when I was looking for tires to go with my rims, I told Tim that I wanted some thing comfortable, great temperature and traction and something that would last me a little while. He suggested a tire to me and overall, I have been pretty happy with them.

Tint Plus
23011 Moulton Pkwy, Laguna Hills, CA
I randomly found Tint Plus one day when I was looking for solutions other than spray painting my tail lights. I wanted something that could be removed easily without damaging my tail lights. Tint Plus and tinting film was the answer. Tint Plus is one of the few places that uses a special grade tint for the tail lights. I liked the work they did and came back to get my front windows re-tinted. They were done at 35% from another shop, but I wanted something darker. Tint Plus is one of the few shops that has 15% and 20%. Most have 20%, but I thought that was still too light. They did my fronts and I was seriously the cleanest application I have ever had done. One of my friends was so impressed, he went back and did his entire Scion TC [front windows, rear windows, back window and tail lights] at 5%. They are a little more costly than some other shops I know of, but their quality beats out the others by a long shot.

Project Import
1300 South Anaheim Street, Anaheim, CA
I found this place when my friend needed his springs installed. They had the absolute best price for it and when I was there, I saw all the products they could order. I came back and got a Mugen oil cap from them and a Mugen radiator cap. The people there are really fun and they are extremely knowledgeable about all types of cars. If you are getting anything aftermarket installed, I highly suggest them. You can go through me to ask for Spoon and let him know that you know me.

Embee Performace Coatings
2168 South Hathaway Street, Santa Ana, CA
I found them though a search and tried them out. I got my OEM side steps powder coated black. They did an amazing job and are extremely knowledgeable about the process and care for my parts. I also had a valve cover powder coated black. The did amazing work on it all. Jeff [Jsm00thjaz3] had his ST sway bars [front and rear] and his strut bar powder coated there. You can find some of their work on the EOC in some of his posts and mine.

Lorenzo
All I have is a phone number for him so I will not post that to the public. Just PM me if you want to get you seats reupholstered or you want to get your headliner redone. He did my leather and suede seats and I cannot be happier with them. They are amazing. He did Chief's [Darth Raider's] seats first and then mine. A couple members are lined up to get his work done too because they have seen the quality of his work on Chief and my Elements. What he does is he comes to your house and takes your seats. He comes back they next day with them done. Just like that. It is quick and easy.

ONLINE:

South Coast Accessories
www.southcoastaccessories.com
Everybody knows about Jerry and SCA. I got my first Deluxe set with him. When I did the SC center console mod, I could not use that carpet set anymore. I sold that set and went back to Jerry to get another. Because the SC mats are made with a different backing that would slip inside an LX or EX, Jerry made mine custom with a no slip backing. He also introduced me to the Designer Series which is like the Deluxe, except you get some really great colored trims. I also ordered some Fog Light Inserts for better light output from my fogs and the Honda Air Valve Caps. I highly recommend his products and those of you who are in Southern California, so is he!

Club RSX
www.clubrsx.com
I first encountered them when I was looking for the SPC rear camber arms and front bolts. I had actually ordered the wrong bolts, but they called me and told me that they went ahead and replaced the wrong bolts with the right ones and sent me my adjusted order. That was fantastic customer service to me. I went back and ordered a few other minor accessories for the Element like my wipers and whatnot. I have come to realize that Club RSX actually has some of the best prices for things. For instance, those of you who are looking to Dynamat your interior, the Bulk Pack is just $109 USD shipped to your door with taxes. A place like Super Autobacs would charge $230 USD.

H and A Accessories
www.handa-accessories.com
Everybody already knows that this is a good site to go to and because this site is a sponsor of the EOC, we get some great deals. Most of the time, Norm Reeves Honda HB will beat the H and A price, but there are the times when H and A gets shockingly low. This is a really good site for installation instructions, also.

This is all I have for the moment. I cannot think of any others, but when I do, I will post for you all. If you have some shop or site or youwould highly recommend to anyone in Southern California or online, please post the name, the address and perhaps a phone number if no address is available, and then write a little something so we can get to know these shops.:D

·
Registered
556 Posts
Online Site:

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/index.php

This site is great was told about them by EOC member [HONDA GHANDI] after wanting a torque damper after there shop took a turn:-(. But this place is a awesome and would definatly order from them again. :D

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Review from Lmeans

I received this PM and wanted to share it with you all. I edited it to remove some personal information.

Lmeans said:
Hi Angelique,

So, I got a used Basslink and bought all the wires and such but was too scared and too busy to install it so I followed your thread and drove down to Beach Auto to have them do the install and finally be done with it. I showed up Monday morning at 9am to be the first one there and they got right on my Element. But, as things go, the Basslink was pretty much fried, my lo$$, and the installer even tried installing a different shallow sub, which was not shallow enough, so after some negotiations with the owner, I decided to get what I wanted all along, an amp/sub combo. I got what I considered a good deal because the quoted prices were little above Crutchfield pricing so I went ahead with it and got a Kenwood 8140D monoblock amp and a 10” Boston G110-44 sub in a sealed enclosure. They installed the amp (with some use of a Dremmel) under the seat completely hidden and everything works and looks great. While it was being installed I mentioned that I wanted to get a real iPod connection that charged at some point, and the installer said he could easily wire one up through the existing AUX port. _. It took him longer than expected but he got it all done and I am happy and now have a ridiculous amount of mirror shaking bass that somehow is coming from this little 10” sub in the back. It is way overkill, more than I ever needed or even hoped for. I did not have him power the stock sub with the amp because of the annoying dash rattle I was having, plus it would probably blow the sub to shreds. Currently it helps to fill in the mid-bass with no problems. Oddly enough, I can play music at ear wrenching/bass pounding volumes without the dash rattling now???

Anyway, I’ve had a total of 3 vehicles (+the E) completely revamped with new audio and I have never dealt with better people before. The extra you pay is worth every penny for quality work and piece of mind. They have the customer in mind before you ever walk in the door. So, I just wanted to thank you and tell my tale because before your thread I had no idea where to go. FYI, they all know about you personally and the EOC too.

p.s. _.

Loren

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill Dunn's Upholstery
17922 Gothard Street, Huntington Beach, CA
A lot of you may have heard of the show Overhaulin' with Chip Foose. Well, supposedly they only ran eight episodes and what you have been watching are reruns. What is really cool, though, is that the people who were on that show work at Bill Dunn's. I was hooked up with this shop through Norm Reeves HB, since I practically live there. I came over to get an estimate on suede for my A, B, C, and D pillars and headliner. This would have been the third time I went to get a quote and check out the material. When I got there, I was blown away by that fact that these were the people from Overhaulin', and that the quality of their fabric was amazing. I ended up getting my work done with them. They specialize in all things upholstery, in an automotive sense. If you want a warmer feeling for your interior, this is definitely the place to go. I believe there are other locations in So Cal... Anaheim perhaps... but this one is the one I would suggest, as I met Martha and Hector, the husband and wife owners and they are by far some of the greatest people. I will definitely be back in the near future for a little project I have in mind. That is how confident I am in their work.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For all-'round general care and repair:

Affordable Care of Hollywood
[SIZE=-1]6062 Santa Monica Blvd[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Los Angeles, CA 90038[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](323) 465-1722‎

These guys are great! They have taken care of all my cars (Honda, Acura) for the past two decades -- they're reliable, honest, will tell you what needs to be done now vs. what can wait till later.

Highly recommended.

[/SIZE]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dings and Paintless Dent Repair

DENTS NO MORE
http://www.dentsnomore.com/

Based out of Long Beach, Vince provides mobile PDR repair/work at a fair price. Does wonders. and your dinged panels look brand new! He's worked on several neighborhood Elements so they are no stranger to him. Services the OC region plus parts of LA... Comes to you, or you can meet him up at any of the shops he does PDR work for.

This biz/shop was recommended to me by vfxraven19, great recommendation.

·
Registered
478 Posts
YHI i have a minor ding or 2 and some light scratch or 2...what do u think would be the guesstimate for thiss?

·
Registered
106 Posts
what size are the dings? dime-sized? same panel or separate panels? A dime-sized ding costs in the area of $90+ per ding. Scratches have to be dealt with elsewhere as PDR work will only get dents/dings out of the metal panels.

YHI i have a minor ding or 2 and some light scratch or 2...what do u think would be the guesstimate for thiss?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I actually know of an honest mechanic! I've gone in before and said, "I know it's the alternator or starter" (on my old car). He called and said, "nope, it's just a battery". He easily could have charged me for the alternator and I wouldn't have been the wiser. I've sent several people to him and they all feel the same way - reasonable prices, honest guy. Been in business since the 70's. They're off the 605 between the 405 and 91.

Ratzlaff's
12524 Carson St
Hawaiian Gardens, CA 90716

(562) 425-2522
www.ratzlaffs.vpweb.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Buying in San Diego

I'm with the Canadian Navy and will be in San Diego in the near future. I am looking to buy a K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake, Aries Grille Guard, and some Forever Black. Anybody know a good place/places to visit. I tried Auto Anything, good prices, but they need a physical address for UPS to ship to. A ship just doesn't cut it. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You guy's can also check out JHPUSA.com. They've been around for over 10 years specializing in Honda & Acura vehicles. Not much in Element parts on the site, but I'm sure they can help you out in finding what you are looking for.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tint Plus
23011 Moulton Pkwy, Laguna Hills, CA
I randomly found Tint Plus one day
Sorry about your luck.

The owner of this establishment was my neighbor many, many years ago. He not only stole my watch from inside my home, he turned me in to the county for failing to get a permit for a shed. Watch your back with this guy.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I have to say America's Tire/ Discount Tire in Ventura are great. Not only did they only take 30 minutes to put on my new Yokohamas, they also honored the internet price with no hassle. :cheerleader:

·
Registered
223 Posts
My wife and I made arrangements with First Honda of Simi Valley to buy a 2010 Element EX. Auto 2 WD, Alabaster Silver metallic. The Internet Sales Manager, Chris Lee, emailed us a firm price and we made arrangements to take the Train from San Diego to Simi Valley on the 19th of December (today) to pick up the car. Chris Lee called us the night of 18 December and told us that he had made a mistake and the price increased by $1,000.00. We told him we had his price in writing (email) and he should honor it. He said they wouldn't honor it. This happened at almost 5:00 PM on Friday evening and I put in a quick call to Honda's Corporate Customer Care Center in Torrance, California. They said they had no control over the Dealers, so I asked that a Case Manager be assigned to solve the problem. Case #121801246. If First Honda of Simi Valley is a "Rogue" dealer, I would think they would get involved. We are supposed to hear from Honda Corporate within 24 hours of filing the complaint so we'll see what happens on Monday or Tuesday. Needless to say, we did not take the train to Simi Valley and are still looking for a 2010 EX Alabaster Silver Metallic, 2WD, Auto. If you know of any, PM me. Thanks, John.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry about your luck.

The owner of this establishment was my neighbor many, many years ago. He not only stole my watch from inside my home, he turned me in to the county for failing to get a permit for a shed. Watch your back with this guy.
Well, then I suggest seeing Edgar. He works there and can hook you guys up with some work on the side.

·
Registered
223 Posts
In regards to my post of 12-19-09 regarding First Honda of Simi Valley, Honda Customer Service said they couldn't do any thing about the Dealer. So much for Customer Service from Honda Corporate.

On a better note, we located a 2010 EX that we like at Hardin Honda in Anaheim. Made a deal with Connie in Internet Sales yesterday (12-29-09) afternoon and drove up from San Diego (Left at 4:30), just love that rush hour traffic. We were back in San Diego about 9:30 last night with a new (5miles when we picked it up) 2010 EX, 2WD, AT, ASM. Now we have a his and hers, 2008 and 2010.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Whittier Muffler

I bought a DC Sports header for an RSX Shorty 4-2-1 header a while back and finally got it installed last week at Whittier Muffler, in Los Angeles. If you need your exhaust done, go to this place and ask for HUGO, he knows about the EOC and will give you guys a really good deal and take good care of you.
They also do auto repairs and the price is very affordable.

13028 E. Whittier Blvd.
Whittier, CA 90602
HUGO 562-693-2119

Here are the pictures of my install:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/576615545oszGkC

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
I bought a DC Sports header for an RSX Shorty 4-2-1 header a while back and finally got it installed last week at Whittier Muffler, in Los Angeles. If you need your exhaust done, go to this place and ask for HUGO, he knows about the EOC and will give you guys a really good deal and take good care of you.
They also do auto repairs and the price is very affordable.

13028 E. Whittier Blvd.
Whittier, CA 90602
HUGO 562-693-2119

Here are the pictures of my install:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/576615545oszGkC
EXCELLENT PICTORIAL!!!! "I can't wait to hear it!"

Chief

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Windshield Repair in SoCal

PRO AUTO GLASS
<764 north nogales st. suite B, walnut, CA 91789>
Mike - 626-536-2095
*Located in the Alamo Carwash Plaza*

-Same Day Service
-Windshield replacement - either OEM glass (stick to this as the cost difference is minimal and the quality is top notch) or cheapy China-Made brands
-Repair or Replace
-Low prices
-Rock Chip Repair
-Free Estimates

I got a rock chip I neglected for a week, and it turned into a large crack, thanks to the heat from the Sun. :) Called these guys up, and told me to come by, thankfully they're VERY close to my parent's house in Walnut. Within an hour, they fixed my windshield - the crack was too large to repair, so they replaced the whole windshield, at a fraction of the cost what the dealer would have charged me. Funny thing is, Diamond Honda (the place I get my E serviced) use PRO AUTO GLASS to to glass repair and windshield replacements, so bypass the dealer and go to this guy. $125 for an OEM front windshield installed. Not bad at all.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts