21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
PRO AUTO GLASS
<764 north nogales st. suite B, walnut, CA 91789>
Mike - 626-536-2095
*Located in the Alamo Carwash Plaza*
I just had my new windshield put in at Pro Auto Glass, thanks for the recommendation. My total, with the tinted front windshield, was $140. No tint the price is still $125 installed. Make sure to call first so he can order the glass. Thus far no wind noise!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I just had my new windshield put in at Pro Auto Glass, thanks for the recommendation. My total, with the tinted front windshield, was $140. No tint the price is still $125 installed. Make sure to call first so he can order the glass. Thus far no wind noise!
Hi Rob Dobbs! Good to hear they did a great job on your E. :)

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Island Motor Sports (Sante Fe Springs)

For all your tunning and JDM needs it's definitely Island Motor Sports for me!!!

They've been in business for 16 years and Regi and Liza can handle anything you need. Coil-overs, suspensions, custom modifications, performance products, wheels, tires, engine swaps and rebuilds, etc. "You name it, they've got it!"

It's just nice to know that you can go into a place and be taken care of by informative people who understand you and your ride. And because of all the work they've done on "Darth Raider" over the years, they really have a great understanding of Elements now! :-D

So, be sure to check them out in their new location...

http://www.islandmotorsports.com/

Island Motor Sports
15421 Carmenita Rd, Suite N
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
562-926-0555

Located in the Carmenita Business Park:

Chief

·
Registered
2,688 Posts

It's just nice to know that you can go into a place and be taken care of by informative people who understand you and your ride. And because of all the work they've done on "Darth Raider" over the years, they really have a great understanding of Elements now! :-D

So, be sure to check them out in their new location...

http://www.islandmotorsports.com/

Island Motor Sports
15421 Carmenita Rd, Suite N
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
562-926-0555

Located in the Carmenita Business Park:

Chief
thanks, didn't know that they had moved.
unfortunately, the new location is 4 miles further away from me, but they're still good people to work with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Inland Empire Shop

Hi all,
Here in Upland we use Foothill Foreign Automotive for wrench work on our Hondas. They are the best that we've used in the area, and I prefer them to the Honda dealership. I totallly trust them with my 07 SC and my wife's 2001 Accord LX. My daughter also takes her 03 Accord EX there. Here's thier website:

http://www.foothillforeign.com/index.html

Use with confidence! :grin:

·
Registered
77 Posts
For all-'round general care and repair:

Affordable Care of Hollywood
[SIZE=-1]6062 Santa Monica Blvd[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Los Angeles, CA 90038[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](323) 465-1722‎

These guys are great! They have taken care of all my cars (Honda, Acura) for the past two decades -- they're reliable, honest, will tell you what needs to be done now vs. what can wait till later.

Highly recommended.

[/SIZE]

I really really like Affordable Care of Hollywood. They seem to be a very honest shop.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Embroidery Recommendations?

I'm looking for a place to do some Embroidery on my new seat covers. Any recommendations?

Please note if you have ACTUALLY used them or not when you post.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Just got back from Pro Auto Glass. Nearly a year and a half they replaced the windshield in my 07 SC for $140 and honored that price again today for another tinted windshield installed. After working a gig ten miles outside of a dirt road my windshield cracked so work paid for the new one. Took them about 40 minutes or so from start to finish. Good guys but always call before hand to make an appointment. This allows them to have the glass on hand when you arrive.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Mobile Honda Service

Southern Calif. Honda & Acura Mobile Service!

I highly recommend Bob for all your Honda Acura service needs, and best of all he'll come to your home and take care of all your needs. From Minor to Major jobs, oil changes, brakes, clutches, engines, to High Performance. He's a master on Honda's and he has over 30 years in the business.

Tell him Jerry sent you from South Coast Accessories, and your a EOC member!
Just call Honda Bob at, 562-531-2321, email [email protected] and visit his site at www.hdabob.com

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Just had a new key laser cut for the 07 SC by Safemart in Gardena:

http://www.thesafemart.com/

15100 Crenshaw Blvd.
Gardena, CA 90249
310-516-0224

the cost was only $20 with me supplying the key which is a flip key. It functions as it should but have to take it to Honda regardless to have the key chip programmed.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
PRO AUTO GLASS
<764 north nogales st. suite B, walnut, CA 91789>
Mike - 626-536-2095
*Located in the Alamo Carwash Plaza*

-Same Day Service
-Windshield replacement - either OEM glass (stick to this as the cost difference is minimal and the quality is top notch) or cheapy China-Made brands
-Repair or Replace
-Low prices
-Rock Chip Repair
-Free Estimates

I got a rock chip I neglected for a week, and it turned into a large crack, thanks to the heat from the Sun. :) Called these guys up, and told me to come by, thankfully they're VERY close to my parent's house in Walnut. Within an hour, they fixed my windshield - the crack was too large to repair, so they replaced the whole windshield, at a fraction of the cost what the dealer would have charged me. Funny thing is, Diamond Honda (the place I get my E serviced) use PRO AUTO GLASS to to glass repair and windshield replacements, so bypass the dealer and go to this guy. $125 for an OEM front windshield installed. Not bad at all.
I just went by for a SECOND time also. Very good shop. They always seem to get me in instantly. Ordered a special no-tint windshield, and it only took one day to get. Quick. Professional. They even took care of a related odd job for me, for UNDER the estimate.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Any referral on a good shop to BUY my old wheels?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
had my already cut flip key programmed at

Scott Robinson Honda
20340 Hawthorne Blvd
Torrance CA 90503

Total was $65 for the programming BUT, the key cutting would have been $10 with your own key. That would be $75 for the cut and program with your own key. The service dept guy did give me the "that aint gonna work" head twist in regards to the flip key but it works as it should. They even included a free car wash.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mechanic and tinting

For honda repairs, i highly recommend Automotive Instincts in Northridge (san fernando valley). very professional and trustworthy, though prices are fair. rated highly by AAA members. have serviced my old intergra for 7 years and currently servicing my element. check out their yelp reviews.

For tinting, try Tint Master in Canoga Park. Great at tinting car windows. they have done tinting for celebrities' and athletes' cars. very skilled and friendly staff. call for appointment because they're always busy. check out their website to get discount coupon to save money. check out their yelp reviews.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Ross at Imports Performance is always legit and affordable. Im an old skool classic car guy and he is my go to shop for anything repairs.

Imports Performance
15424 Hawthorne Boulevard, Lawndale, CA 90260
310-679-8229

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Well, since Radio Shack is going extinct, I thought it was time to mention another resource. I have been going to Orvac Electronics in Anaheim and Fullerton, for relays, elec connectors, diodes, resistors, leds, tubing, heat shrink, zip ties, wire, solder stuff, and KNOWLEDGABLE EMPLOYEES.

Orvac Electronics
http://www.orvac.com/Orvac_Electronics_-_Store_Infor.html
Don't let the website fool you. They have TONS of stuff.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
My alternator finally gave out. As opposed to the higher cost of a dealer part or a re manufactured one from a chain store I had it rebuilt with a 130amp output at Complete Auto Electric. Job took about an hour and the original part was cleaned and rebuilt to look brand new. Total cost was $112 out the door.

I originally had found this place back around 2005 while seeking a 250 amp output alternator when we were building the cop car for Transformers. Turns out a lot of industry vehicle and FX guys have alternators custom built from this place. Its an old skool shop that can do custom work with face to face contact with the guy doing the work.

Complete Auto Electric
14710 Lull St, Van Nuys, CA 91405
818-442-9884

They are also on ebay as seller "bnrparts"

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The starter on my 07SC just went out at around 180k. As opposed to a $500 factory replacement or around half that for a reman at a chain store, I went and picked up a mom and pop reman for $80 out the door which is a rebuilt OEM unit. Has a one year warranty.

Ace Alternators
13201 Imperial Hwy,
Whittier, CA 90605

Phone: 877-903-4150

Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
The starter on my 07SC just went out at around 180k. As opposed to a $500 factory replacement or around half that for a reman at a chain store, I went and picked up a mom and pop reman for $80 out the door which is a rebuilt OEM unit. Has a one year warranty.
must be your year for electric repairs/replacement. <grin>
did you consider having your alternator guy do a custom rebuild of your starter?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts