Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have plunked down my deposit for an EX to be delivered in late April. My dealer only had a silver and a black DX in stock.

I have attempted to discern the colors of SOP and SM from pictures on the net....this is really puzzling. Some SOP's look red, some look orange...some shoreline mists look silver, some look tan.

My dealer says that I need to "claim" which of the incoming Es will be mine since they are selling fast. I was leaning towards shoreline because I just got out of a red car...

What are these colors...do they change in the light or are they just difficult to photograph?

·
Registered
653 Posts
[quote:dc44711f14="billybud"]...some Shoreline Mists look silver, some look tan. Do they change in the light or are they just difficult to photograph?[/quote:dc44711f14]

Absolutely! I was convinced that my Shoreline Mist was a greyish silver when I bought it. It was dusk (around 6:30 p.m.) and it was inside the showroom under flourescence lights. In bright sunlight the next day, I realized that it was more of a sparkling champagne color. A few days later, when we were having overcast and rainy days, the color bordered on bronze.

Dunno what they do to the paint or what it is called - pearlescent?? - but it definitely does shift colors at various times of the day and under various lighting conditions.

Ornett is right - Shoreline Mist is classy!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
All I know is that I had decided on GG, till I saw a SOP on the lot. It was a cloudy day, and the color looked more like persimmon or burnt orange, nothing at all like what I'd thought from looking at the brochure or the Honda web page. I ordered mine (SOP) today, but now I'm realizing that I never saw it in sunlight, as it's been raining for a week here. Looks like I may be in for a surprise! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put my name on the Shoreline Mist with a 4-15 build date scheduled. The SOP was a very close second....

The responses on Shoreline convinced me that this was the way to go for me...

Thanks again.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think both SOP and SLM are very chameleon-like. I have SLM and it seems very hard to catch a neutral take on the clolor. It also seems to have chameleon panels, that look brownish on SLM, greyer on the other models.

peace,
-jdef

·
Registered
195 Posts
I too was concerned about what color my SOP was going to be (look for my earlier post in the test-driving board). It does indeed change color with the light... in bright sun it's a nice sparkly pumpkin orange, but at night or on gray afternoons it looks nearly red. It's very cool :)

(this pic was color-adjusted to make the image look closer to in-person appearance - it tends to photograph very reddish)

Drew

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got my E 4/16 and I ordered the Eternal Blue and it is very SHARP. I have always wanted a blue vehicle and now the E is in my garage. I have seen all the colors in person but GG. All the colors are great and you can't make a bad choice!! After all, you're choosing the Element!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.