Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Element EX SOP FWD
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m shopping for another E, I gave my 05 SOP to my son. I can’t decide between the early 03-06 model or the 07-08 model. I like the 07-08 model due to the redesigned dash and seats, plus the extra HP the engine has, but most of the newer models I’ve seen have almost as many miles as the older ones. They are also 2-3k more in price.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You also get the 5-speed Automatic Transmission with 07 and later, which some people don't care about but was important to me. You cruise 70 mph, at 2200 rpm, rather than 3000 like the four-speed automatic. It doesn't seem to affect fuel mileage, {well maybe a little} or engine longevity, I just like my engine turning slower, LOL.

·
Registered
1967 VW Bug
64 Posts
maybe u should hire me...i've had some luck, an 08 AWD w/ 60k, and an 07 AWD MT w/ 40k, both in the last 90 days. The 1st I flipped to a lucky young couple & the 2nd I am enjoying the hell out of. :cool:

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,467 Posts
The 07+ also have more air bags, seat belts on the front seats instead of on the rear door that get in the way when getting in/out of the back. I believe the 5 speed auto does help for MPG. My daughter's 08 LX FWD averaged 28 mpg at prevailing speed limits on a trip from Cincinnati to Galveston. Our two 2007 EX AWD have done 26+ on the highway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
maybe u should hire me...i've had some luck, an 08 AWD w/ 60k, and an 07 AWD MT w/ 40k, both in the last 90 days. The 1st I flipped to a lucky young couple & the 2nd I am enjoying the hell out of. :cool:
Heck, Yeah! I'd hire Klamath Knot ASAP! With two Unicorns like Klamath Knot just found in 90 days, you're definitely doing something right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
With the seats forward, I'm too tall to fit on the floor of the later models. Sounds silly but that's why I bought an '05 MT.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So I’m shopping for another E, I gave my 05 SOP to my son. I can’t decide between the early 03-06 model or the 07-08 model. I like the 07-08 model due to the redesigned dash and seats, plus the extra HP the engine has, but most of the newer models I’ve seen have almost as many miles as the older ones. They are also 2-3k more in price.

·
Registered
2005 Element EX Automatic 4WD
81 Posts
Check the Trading Post forum for user Kineticap. He is selling an 07 with only 60K on it for $15,500. I know that sounds high but people are giving almost that much for E's with much higher mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts