Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and went last night and bought our new mtn. bikes.....we sold ours when we moved from Chicago to St. Louis because they were pretty beat up.....so after many posts on this very board we decided not to purchase the roof or interior bike racks.....I am so glad we didn't!!!

I know that board members would never steer me wrong....but what a relief to open up the back....hang up the seats and drive the two mtn bikes right into the back....slap a few bungees around them and go!

My husband and I are vertically challenged....5'5 each....so we only have 24" frames.....so we didn't have to remove the front wheels or anything.....plus I think we can leave one of the back seats down because our bikes nest nicely together....I will have to try this tomorrow when we go for another ride at the lake.

Also there is a TON of room left over.....so it is perfect for taking our bikes on camping trips....lots of room for all our gear and coolers!! WooHoo!!!!!

Thanks to all that posted about their bike experiences with the E!

·
Registered
352 Posts
My wife and i are cyclists also. This year we are going to see how many bikes we can stuff in the E for the "Hotter than Hell Hundred". I think with a little careful planning we can get 6 in there easily.

·
Registered
894 Posts
As with many things, there may be differences in the way that one measures...

Iskie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts