Honda Element Owners Club banner

301 - 320 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
There are several threads about LED interior lights on here. I don't recall the exact replacement numbers, but I do remember there are 2 different sizes depending on the year of your E. When you find the thread, make sure you look for the year that the replacement is for so you don't buy the wrong size.

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #304 (Edited)
What is the part number of the LED dome lights that you're using in your '08?

Thanks,
The part numbers for the dome lights for 08 and older E's are>
4210-xHP6 < The x in the part number = color.
CW = Cool white
WW = Warm white
B = Blue
G = Green
A = Amber
R = Red

The part number for the map lights for 08 and older E's are>
3022-xHP4 < The x in the part number = color.
CW = Cool white
WW = Warm white
B = Blue
G = Green
A = Amber
R = Red

And all 09 and newer E's use the same lamps for dome lights and map lights.
This is a bummer because the 4210-xHP6 six LED units are brighter, but will
not fit in a 09 or later E.:-(

The part number for the map & dome lights for 09 and newer E's are>
3022-xHP4 < The x in the part number = color.
CW = Cool white
WW = Warm white
B = Blue
G = Green
A = Amber
R = Red

Here is where to buy them>
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...t=CAR&keywords=&cart_id=6496393.18233&next=50

The 3022-xHP4 are the 30th item down in the list.
The 4210-xHP6 are the 53rd item down in the list.

Remember you need to pinch the hold down pins together a bit in the 08 and
older E's dome light socket. Because the 4210-xHP6 LED modules end caps are
a bit smaller in diameter.

Also see this post in my thread that will help anyone choose between the
warm white or cool white LED's.> http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=631311&postcount=133

Also a warning, in some states, using any color other that white in the interior of the car
can get you a fix-it ticket from a traffic cop.:shock:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
These are the LED's I used on my license plate WLED-WHP. This LED should
work on all model years of the E.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/WLED-xHP.htm

They have other colors, but I wouldn't use them on a daily driver.
Colors other than white are asking for a fix-it ticket in some states.

Also make sure you use dielectric grease on the connector. I've heard
of these lamps failing because of moisture. I've had this type of LED
in my license plate for three years and never had a problem.

Dielectric grease.
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...X_-1_-1&mn=Permatex&mc=PTX&pt=N0941&ppt=C0139

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just ordered 1 x 3022-xHP4 for the back cargo light and 3 x 3022-x9 for the front map lights and dome light.

I went with Cool White...I'm hoping its not too obnoxious (superbrightleds didn't have the 3022-x9 'bulbs' in warm white, and I wanted everything to match).

$24.79 shipped - can't wait...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya, forum folk!

I just got a new-to-me 2008 Element last month and I love that dang thing. I joined the forum today and have been skimming all day, getting ideas for what mods, accessories I want, and I've decided this will be my first!

My question is this:
Does anyone have the installation images that used to be on page 4 of this thread? It appears those images aren't online any more, and I don't trust myself enough to do the install without visual aid :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just FYI.....I purchased a pair of LED dome lights on Ebay a few days ago for $1.87including shipping. Item shipped from China and arrived in about 10 days. "Dome Festoon Bright Car 42mm 1 Pair New White SMD 5050 6-LED Light Bulb Interior" Ebay Item number: 120967863621 if you want to look it up.

I installed these today and they appear to work and look fine. Time will tell if they last...but the price was certainly right.

I'm about to purchase the map led map lights...which are available for about the same price.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Just FYI.....I purchased a pair of LED dome lights on Ebay...
Do yourself a favor, check the solder connections immediately on those bulbs. For the ones I used to sell here 99% I resoldered myself to avoid future shorts. Many times the solder is so thin a simple pot hole impact could end the connection.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are there LEDs that are tinted back to incandesent color? I know this is the new thing for high end flash lights just wondering if it made it to the auto world yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Picking up a '10 E and wanted to upgrade the lights ASAP. But looking on superbrightleds.com, the 3022-xHP4 is not listed anymore. Any other options? I'm looking to go clean and bright white. Also, will snag some tail light LEDs too. Any others I need to get as well?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Superbrightleds updated their site....if you search Honda Element the 4210-xHP (6 LED) bulb doesnt show up under that car....but if you search 4210 its still there.

Difference is Honda Element is a 44XX bulb (ie. 44mm) and the 6 LED bulb itself is 42XX (ie. 42mm)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Picking up a '10 E and wanted to upgrade the lights ASAP. But looking on superbrightleds.com, the 3022-xHP4 is not listed anymore. Any other options? ....
The 3022-xHP4 is still there, I just bought 4 last week (both maps, front & rear domes) per SBL's recommendation for the E - DE3175 LED Bulb - 4 SMD LED Festoon. The map lights were a perfect fit however when I went to install the front & rear domes I ran in to this:

stock dome light - map light - 3022-xHP4

The 4 SMD festoon is too short to properly fit in the dome light housing. If you are not going to go with the 30 PCB festoon then the bulb you are looking for (proper fitment) would be the 4210-xHP6 - 6451 LED Bulb - 6 SMD LED Festoon

·
Registered
715 Posts
I added these to my E. I got them in the boating section at Walmart for about $10 each. They are wired into the dome light and they really light up the interior.

301 - 320 of 335 Posts