Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to fixing up my a pillars. I've had them cut up and diced to pieces for about a year and a half. Put about 2 or 3 hours of work on them, fixing all previous damage and doing the build out. It was pretty dang easy once I finally got to it. Here are two quick cell phone pics. You can see where I cut out the factory tweeter and then made a new hole for some other tweeters I had. To make the ring for the new tweeter I just used 2 hole saws to cut out the ring. I cut out another hole further forward (after playing with tweeter positions) with the same hole saw. Then I used some Loc-Tite 2 part epoxy that I picked up at Home Depot to fasten them. After a lot of sanding/building up/sanding/bondo/ etc, I covered em in vinyl. This was my first experiment with vinyl. It turned out to be pretty easy to use. MUCH less work than trying to prep for paint. We'll see how it does in the long run. I really like the black.

Hoping to get started on the 13Av.2 build this weekend.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Clean vinyl wrap.

I thought it was painted at first until i read your post. Nice job. looking at your installed components I would guess you like bass? do you drag or daily listen? Also did you experiment with your box design to get it right or or just build it?

hope to see more of your install soon

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I do in fact like bass. I play bass too. I love the low end. Of all the sub setups (2 12’s, 2 15’s, 1 18”, and the 13Av.2, all both sealed and ported) I’m liking the 13Av.2 the best. I just gets stronger the lower it goes. I really really wanna build a home theater sub with one. The box I have now is a little temporary but I’m pretty happy with the sound. The newer one is going to be a little bigger and have a 6” aeroport to prevent any chuffing… plus it looks cool :D As far as figuring out what I want, I usually spend a decent amount of time talking with the guys at Elemental Designs to figure out what the best way to do what I want to do is. From there its just trial and error.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts