Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to remove all exterior emblems and badging from my vehicles. Of course, this can only be done if it doesn't leave holes or any other indication that anything was ever there. Can anyone tell me if the Elements rear emblems are just attached with adhesive or is there an alignment hole and pin? Also, is the grille emblem part of the grille or is it a bolt on?

I'm mostly just curious. I certainly wouldn't let it keep me from buying one!

I think it's the nature of my business that makes me want to 'stealth' my rides. Ever since I got into the intelligence community I have driven black vehicles with no markings... maybe my nickname should be MIB (man in black) instead of Alien Element!

·
Registered
894 Posts
If you look around, I beleive there is a FAQ on this issue on this board or on another. If it's not here, I will find the link to it for you.

All I want to do is remove the dealer's emblem should that sneak it's way on. It's going to be my "E" not theirs!! :lol:

Iskie

·
Registered
118 Posts
and it drives people crazy trying to figure out what it is! The ELEMENT and Honda H are attached with adhesive tape only. You can use the old nylon line trick or a heat gun to soften the glue. Either one works but work slowly and carefully so as not to damage the finish. :wink:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's good news about the rear emblems... any word on the Honda "H" on the grille...

·
Registered
82 Posts
The front H is integral to the grill - all the same plastic piece. If you really want it removed about all you could do is grind it off but that would still leave the empty "shield" where it was.

Some steer horns would hide it - and add a nice western flair.

(hope y'all realize I'm only kidding)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Actually here in NYC, I would love to put on a cow catcher, help move jaywalkers out of the way. :lol:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's okay... sounds like a custom grille insert is in order to take care of that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts