Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how about a real dead pedal instead of the one on the floor like they put in now. you have to over extend your ankle to use the little bump they call a dead pedal now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote:e11574d0ed="Layla_978"]Whats a dead pedal?[/quote:e11574d0ed]

it's the small fixed pedal-like block on the extreme left of the drivers feet area.
traditionally they were installed in cars with manual transmissions as a place to put your left foot when not using the clutch, but they have been used in many cars both auto and manual transmission for some time. on the element they have installed a small bump in the floor to act as a dead pedal, but it does a poor job because of it's angle and position. I have a tendancy to rest my foot on the back corner near the sidewall instead, as i imagine most people do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
although, driving a stick as I do, i rarely use the arm rest on the driver's seat. have thought a few times of switching it over to the passenger seat just so my wife can use it when i'm driving. I don't think the big double arm rest option is a good solution, it would just get in the way when shifting.

c'est la vie - no car is perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts