Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello All Eeeeeeeeerssss....

this coming May 15 I will be driving my bisdak to Vancouver for a Family Reunion with my brother whom I havent seen for almost 10 years.

it is my first time to visit Vancouver and I have no idea so as my brother coz he is from Seattle what to do there....
Any suggestions... anyone......

So fellow E, if you see me around GIVE ME WAVE cmon dont be shy.....I have a big MAPLE LEAF together with my EOC decal...so you really wont miss me..

thanx for all the help. oh by the way we will be there for only 3 full days starting Saturday until the long weekend. Is there any fireworks display on Victoria dAy....WHERE!!!!! I love watching fireowrks. the last very good one i witnessed was when i was in niagara falls oh beautiful sychroniz with the music....

thnx again...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Rent some bikes or rollerblades and do the seawall. You can travel from Canada Place, around Stanley Park -that is a must see- along the North Side of False Creek -can visit the science centre there- and then go to Granville Island for lunch. Allow a few hours for Granville Island. Travel West from Granville Island along the water -I'm not sure how the bikelane works there- and at least have a peak inside the Maritime museum. There's lots of beaches further along the water. It's all very pretty, and when you've had enough of that turn around and catch a ferry back from Maritime museum or Granville Island, to the North Shore of False Creek, then back to Stanley Park and the Bike Rental Place. There is a collection of the rental shops just up the road from me at Georgia and Denman.

If you're lucky you can find free parking on the North Side of Georgia on Denman, and if not so lucky you can park in the lot where my kiwi is, right next to that free parking. Hopefully it won't be raining because when it's sunny, this place is paradise. If you're into boating take the Harbor Cruises Tour boat that circles around Coal Harbor -that same parking lot. You can charter fishing boats at the next marina. Best way to start the day is with a coffee on the patio at the Starbucks in the Westin Bayshore. That's next door too.

Pacific Spirit Park at UBC is beautiful. Queen Elizabeth Park is incredible when the flowers are in bloom -some are in bloom where I am. Capilano Canyon is a must see if the big trees and rainforest intrigues you. If you're into hiking there's lots of serious and lightweight trails through Stanley Park and lots of trails in North Vancouver up along the treeline/mountain edge. There's lots of golfing but I don't know anything about it. Lots of good restaurants but I don't know what your preferences are. If you're looking for entertainment check out The Georgia Strait. It's on line. Oh, these bikelanes are safe. They're well off the road.

I don't think there are any fireworks on Victoria Day. In August there is usually a big fireworks competition. I'll post a picture. Keep in mind that to really see Vancouver you'll need to get out of the car and walk or bike ride. It's not like Edmonton where you can sit in the car and look out over the river valley. I'll be in Edmonton a few days after Victoria Day for my neice's wedding. I hope it will be green by then, and sunny.

Here, prepare to dress in layers -a t-shirt, a fleecy, a rain jacket with a hoodie. Within just a few hours you might need to dress and undress. Be prepared for rain because there will very likely be some.

I'll have to come back and post some pictures.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much Margaret. I really am looking forward visiting Vancouver and experience what my friends are talking about. They say it is better Toronto, I was in Toronto for 5 years before I move here in Edmonton.
But this better, I like the smell of the ocean, it gives me the feeling just like Im home, Philippines. I like the beaches, and the sun.
I will do my best to park just ride beside your E.

And Happy Face Im sorry, this is just a last minute decision. but its not too late, it would be fun to convoy with you.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Have fun in Vancouver!

My wife and I will be there as well from May 17 to 23. Probably won't be driving around much though - if the weather's nice we'll be walking or taking public transit. I'll wave if I see you. :D

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
bisdak..... vancouver island is even better... lived there for 6 mths when working for Provincial govt....but unfortunately too ex and wife couldnt find work.......

·
Registered
82 Posts
Go to the aquarium

near Stanley Park - great sea life. My daughter went to school in Vancouver and it beautiful - better than Kamloops and Prince George combined. Great places to eat, too!:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Too bad it wasn't this last weekend. I would have told you to check out Rat City VS Terminal City in some knock-down roller derby action. It was my first trip to Hongkouver in the E with my girl and some other officials and the drive was sunny and beautiful. Still had my temp plates on so I got a bit of stinkeye at the border :rolleyes:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thank you so much Margaret. I really am looking forward visiting Vancouver and experience what my friends are talking about. They say it is better Toronto, I was in Toronto for 5 years before I move here in Edmonton.
But this better, I like the smell of the ocean, it gives me the feeling just like Im home, Philippines. I like the beaches, and the sun.
I will do my best to park just ride beside your E.
So, it's a beautiful day, our second this year, and I went out in my little dinghy, out from the marina where I told Bisdak to take a tour boat from. While I was waiting out in a narrow passage of water for the tour boat to pass by I wondered if Bisdak, his son and his brother were going to get a chance to be on that boat. The boat came beside me and I looked up to the top deck and saw three guys -possibly Phillipino- and they were smiling and waving at me. Bisdak has no idea what I look like or that I have a dinghy to row in, but maybe. It could be. It would be a very big coincidence.

Bisdak was that you?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back Home

Hey Margaret, to bad i have to be back home. yap we were in in a boat ride with my brother and son. maybe it was, what a coincidence. yap i had fun. and a lot of elements in vancouver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts