Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to have gotten pretty quiet in this section of the forum. Here are some shots from our trip through death valley last weekend. We hit quite a few places within the park, but only took photos at a few of the stops. Here are some shots from Titus Canyon Road (formerly frequented by the EOC death valley camp outs) and Devil's Golf Course. We stayed at Wildrose campgrounds during our stay and the whole trip was nothing short of spectacular. We obviously didn't get to see everything, so we'll certainly be back. While this isn't any serious off roading, the Element performed without a hitch. I aired down the tires to about 30psi (hot) to handle the bumps along the way. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awesome photos. Any issues with early wear of the front compliance bushings with a lot of offroad driving? Those seem like the weak point of the suspension to me. Then again I'm used to solid axle Ram trucks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

My compliance bushings were shot when I bought my E back in 2016, and I replaced them with the Moog Problem Solver Compliance Bushings with the spherical joint (P/N MOOG-K200799). The ride is a bit harsher, but they're holding up just fine to this kind of abuse. I'm waiting for other things to shake loose now :twisted:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
235/70R16 Falken Wildpeak AT3W! They've been great so far

·
Registered
622 Posts
did you take the road to surprise canyon? i always go there. it was washed out last year and made it pretty tough for the element but i made it to the novak camp. saw a big horn ram there on the cliffs. it moved on those steep slopes like it was a sidewalk. incredible to see

1 - 7 of 7 Posts