Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every day you survive with all your limb intact is a good day at Brazos Bend:D

Following the rules keeps your limbs intact;-)
Alligator Etiquette;
* DO NOT feed the alligators!
* Keep pets on a short leash
* Do not throw objects in the water for your dog to retrieve
* Keep at least 30' from an alligator
* Do not swim or wade in the water
* If an alligator goes after a fish you have caught, break the line
* Avoid alligators sunning themselves in the middle of the trail
* If an alligator opens it's mouth and hisses, YOU ARE TOO CLOSE! Retreat slowly, make no quick moves keep your eyes on the gator (Yeah right!)

We had a great time, hiked and biked and came back with all our limbs:D

The park was great, the sites are very spread out and our site was HUGE!
There is still a little storm damage but theyve cleaned most of it up.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Cool JoJo... nice pics..

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
There were lots of critters, rabbits, squirrels birds (woodpeckers, hawks, crows, cardinals, owls)
This dang cardinal kept getting bugs and trying to shove it into the reflection of himself in our windshield and side mirrors, the side mirrors and windshield were covered with smeared bug guts and poor Sunny look quite abused:-(

Then these two wrens, decided they loved the teardrop so much they would call it home too!

After we closed the hatch to keep them out they went inside the TD and started building their nest on the shelf----they were determined to live there!

We put away all our food and closed the hatch at night to keep the racoons out, but forgot the ice chest, and the ***** got in and took a coke.
We talked to someone who came over to look at the TD and he said the ***** prefer cold coke, he left some cokes out on th epicnic table but they passed them up and got the cold ones out of his ice chest too!:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Jojo, your pics look great, great weather too. I like the set up you have with the tent/room. Your galley looks good too, we are looking for a small fridge like yours. See you soon.

Bob

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Jojo, great pictures! Nice set up of your teardrop. :)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Very nice, but I don't understand 2 things:

1. How was Tank so tired after that grueling ride?

2. Who would want to molest a gator?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
297 Posts
I guess alligator molestation was such a problem they had to put up a sign?:confused:
what's in that one alligators mouth?
critters are what make a camping trip for me - sounds like you got to see a lot of them. those wrens are too cute! and hilarious that the other camper was leaving stuff out for the racoons - doesn't he know they're too smart for that!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess alligator molestation was such a problem they had to put up a sign?:confused:
what's in that one alligators mouth?
critters are what make a camping trip for me - sounds like you got to see a lot of them. those wrens are too cute! and hilarious that the other camper was leaving stuff out for the racoons - doesn't he know they're too smart for that!
The gator has a large turtle in his mouth:rolleyes:

You wanna talk about leaving stuff out for *****! Me and Mr. Jojo almost got into a fistfight over how smart they are, I wanted him to close the galley hatch to keep them out of the food and fridge when we went to bed and can you believe he said they can't figure out how to open a fridge!
I told him I did not want to wake up to find all my eggs and bacon gone!:-x

·
Registered
297 Posts
haha, I just see the argument now - and the "I told you so in the morning!"

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
mighty close

If you took 99 down there, you passed a block from the house! I forgot you had this planned this weekend or I would have had ya'll by for some burgers or swung down there to yell howdy. We ended up doing a mini-vacation out San Antonio way so might have been a bit too much to cram in, though.

I was down there at the park a couple of months ago and thought they had cleaned everything up well. We had a fair amount of tree damage in these parts.

Hate I missedya but glad you had aa good time...

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you took 99 down there, you passed a block from the house! I forgot you had this planned this weekend or I would have had ya'll by for some burgers or swung down there to yell howdy. We ended up doing a mini-vacation out San Antonio way so might have been a bit too much to cram in, though.

I was down there at the park a couple of months ago and thought they had cleaned everything up well. We had a fair amount of tree damage in these parts.

Hate I missedya but glad you had aa good time...
We went 35 to 1462. Too bad we missed you, maybe next time, we'll be going again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts