Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase the old oil filter ?
Any help would be appreciated !!!!!!!!

RUBY

·
Registered
997 Posts
doin good! thanks!

We hope to have the 15400-PLM-A01's available for awhile but no telling for sure. As long as the description on the site says A01 then that is what we are shipping. We have the note about them being the same as A02's because some people actually ask for those.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the pic , does it come to you guys in 30 packs , and can you ship 30 ? With the 05 element , 05 acura RL and the 08 accord - 3.5 , i'm gonna need them !

RUBY

·
Registered
997 Posts
we can definitely ship 30, they start to get a bit heavy at about 15 lbs but the shipping charge depends on where you are. We can't go any lower than the 6 pack price though.

-Trevor

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Well I gotta ask:

Is there a particular benefit of the older filter over the newer?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I tend to stay clear of Oil filter discussions as a general rule. They are right up there with politics and religion for topics.

The A01's are generally considered to be made better. They are made by Filtech and the A02's are made by Fram. In the picture below you can see some of the differences.
That being said they are both made to Honda's specs and even the A02 is built better inside than a standard Fram filter. Our shop has done tens of thousands of oil changes with both and has never seen a filter related engine failure, or even just a Honda filter failure. I can't imagine Honda selling a filter that would cut down on the life of their engines as that is what they are famous for. But since people prefer the A01, whenever we can get it we do. Since they are the same price we might as well get the best we can :)

Here's a shot of them cut open from quite a few years ago:

-Trevor

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Couldn't have asked for a better and more complete answer. Thanks, Trevor.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have done business with H&A and you guys are very great, and I only use honda filters but I have to ask. Was this a real thread, like with a real question? Or was it a total set up to drum up business and to tell/remind people that you guys sell the good stuff?? Seems a little fishy.....

·
Registered
997 Posts
:) does almost look that way with how quick the initial response was after the question but I just stumbled on it going through the resent posts.

for what its worth in the HandA section I can start threads any time reminding people that we are here and I usually don't want to bother anybody unless it is something new we have to offer or a new discount, so I'd never risk annoying people with faking up one elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Geez , Ask one little question and you've got to defend yourself ! Sorry Trevor .
As you can read , I've been on these boards for quite some time , over 330 posts , way back when , mike did a test on all available oil filters for the E , which was also just recently reposted , and thats where , I , thought about asking if they where still available . As anyone here knows H and A , are one of our original sponsors , and their specials are the cheapest and keep the misfits guessing , month to month .
Trevor , again thanks for your quick reply , putting my order in today !

RUBY

1 - 13 of 13 Posts