Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here has an ABS code scanner in the St. Louis area. I have an ABS light on that is intermittent. I'd really hate to pay the dealer to scan it if someone on here would be nice enough to help me out. :) TIA

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'll ask around if one of my buddies have scan tool. You could just go to autozone and they'll do it for free and give you a print out

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked autozone. They only scan the Check engine light. The ABS light is a different set of codes. I might have access to the garage at a Honda dealer that my friend works at. Then I could get it scanned for free :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it scanned today.

Initially it said:

61-1 Battery Volt Failure

14-1 Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Failure

15-1 Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Open or Short

So I guess I'll be replacing a few sensors.

After clearing codes the only code it threw was the one for the Right Rear. Guess i'll replace em and see what happens.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you check for an open or short on the wheel sensor's wires? I'd say, before spending any money on wheel sensors, trace the wire from the wheel sensor, to the connector, and even back underneath the car to the ABS module. You might have a wire that's been gnawed through/rubbed through/sliced, or even just some corrosion on the connector (check for green stuff).

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good idea. I'll give it a look-see. Thanks :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts