Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need some help. This is my problem. Just had my 05 ex in getting the front sway bar links, right front and right rear wheel bearings done. My mechanic (who is also my brother) did the work. While doing the wheel bearings he also replaces both ABS sensors. Everything gets put back together and we have an ABS light. We find out that his supplier sent the wrong wheel bearing. That gets fixed and still have and ABS light! The code is 21-1 which is suppose to be chipped gear pulser. Since there is not a gear pulser on the Element and just a magnetic strip on the bearing. He replaces the wheel bearing again. Still have an ABS light! Change the Front wheel sensor again. Still have the ABS light! When it starts up, no light until we get to 24km/h then it comes on again. Another problem is when the E first starts up and we drive with no ABS light and brake we get a Low Speed ABS Cycle, with the ABS light on and at normal speeds no ABS Cycle. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bearing is in the proper way. The light only comes on after 24km/h and stays on until the E is restarted. The code has been cleared but comes back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Resurrecting this thread as I have the same problem. I got quotes from the dealer that an OEM bearing is 120.00 a piece! I just replaced the front bearings with aftermarket ones and I am getting codes 21-1 and 22-1. I cleaned the sensors and such but I still have the same problem. I don’t mind replacing the bearings again but I was hoping to buy cheaper ones. I see that rockauto sells NSK bearings which I “believe” are what the oem uses. Does anyone here know this? Any one have good luck installing any aftermarket bearings? If so, which ones?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts