Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when 1st turning your AC ...does it make a cranking noise??...I will ask the dealer....it only does it when I turn on the AC the 1st time that day...after that is ok....I had my wife turn it on with the hood open nad I saw the fan kick in....but is that normal?....it seems justs little too loud for me....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine makes the same noise.
Notice it more when the engine is "cold". After that I don't hear the noise when turning it on or off. Maybe the oil in the compressor needs circulated a bit after sitting?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote:f5cfda9c8d="Ramy"]Mine makes the same noise.
Notice it more when the engine is "cold". After that I don't hear the noise when turning it on or off. Maybe the oil in the compressor needs circulated a bit after sitting?[/quote:f5cfda9c8d]

.......wow..I guess is better than the VW's BEETLE that burns a qt of oil every 1k miles....and VW says is normal..... :roll: ...oh well I get a feeling that is what the dealer will say....and Ramy...that is a very good
conclusion...thanks.......

[quote:f5cfda9c8d="qsilver074"]My AC is really quiet...[/quote:f5cfda9c8d]

so is mine......but like I stated...if you really pay attention with the radio off and the windows rolled down.....turn on the ignition....and then turn on the AC...at that point is when I hear it.....after that the entire day i wont be able to repeat the noise....

Again thanks guys....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts