Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my ac is blowing hot unless I am on the freeway. I take it to 2 shops and they tell me that one fan is turning very slow and the other is not turning. I have 90k on my 03 and this is texas where my temp is over 100 every day. I was quoted 600 dollars by one and 500-900 by the other. I found these parts online,

http://www.directfitautoparts.com/dfaplp/2003/FanMotorAssembly/Honda/Element/44535-2003.html

is this just a simple swap of fans or will I be biting off more than I can chew?

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Yea, it's basically a 'swap out' kinna job. But, (there's always a but isn't there?) why not test the fans just to make sure that's the problem...

Disconnect the two connectors, if you look straight into the connector with the 'tab' part to the top, connect ground to the pin on the left, and +12 volts to the pin on the right. If the fans don't run at full speed, then change 'em. If they do run fine, then you need to be looking somewhere else for the problem. ;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.