Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Element a week ago. Luckily I picked it up before I got the check from the bank. I found this club and thankfully someone posted the handaaccessories.com site so that I could see how they were totally trying to rip me off on accessories. :x They were going to charge me double MSRP for items that needed NO INSTALLATION. I told them no thanks on all of the accessories. Now I can buy them all for less than 500 and they were going to charge me 1500.00. I have no reason to buy from that dealership again...although I am sure that is probably pretty standard.

Anyone else paying more than MSRP for accessories?

Deanna

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dealers try to make money where they can- and with accessories, they certainly can. God Bless the internet. All my dealings with H&A have been positive...it makes me laugh when I go to the dealer and they want to charge me $80 for the cargo net.....

IMO, find the dealer with the best service, negotiate a good price, buy the car w/o accessories, then have fun! I'll let a couple hundred bucks go on the purchase price when I know that the dealer will give me a loaner car at the drop of the hat & treat me right when I bring the cars in for service.

This is my 3rd Honda from Superior in Council Bluffs (soon West Omaha), and I only have good things to say about them. Just don't buy the accessories there!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am in Sioux City, Ia. Howdy Neighbor! Hubby and I drove to Bellevue, NE last weekend to check out the Shoreline Mist Element they had in Stock. Condon Motors here in town just only had (2) Blue ones and a Silver one in the showroom. I really don't know if anyone has bought one here yet. Have not seen any driven around. After seeing the Shoreline compared to the Silver, Shoreline won hands down. All of my prior Hondas have been bought through them. Great service which is really important as we all know.

Did Superior cut you a deal on your E? I have not asked Condon what they will do for me on price. What was your experience? I like to be armed for when I am ready to go ahead and purchase my baby.

I want to see a green one side-by-side next to the Shoreline Mist, not sure when they will get a green one in. May have to drive to Omaha again when they get the green in (Sioux City is just a bit behind you know). The Shoreline Mist is due in this week and they are suppose to call me when that arrives. I loved the color and I think that is the way I will go. I can't remember who I read that they did not like the green plastic dash. Something I may get tired of down the road? Green is one of my fav. colors though so have to see it...

Thanks in advance for your response, Christine

·
Registered
121 Posts
[quote:bc7b2c5a32="Red Armageddon"]
This is my 3rd Honda from Superior in Council Bluffs (soon West Omaha), and I only have good things to say about them. Just don't buy the accessories there![/quote:bc7b2c5a32]

I am from Council Bluffs (born and raised until 14). Moved to KC many moons ago. Maybe I know you! Its a small place!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good Luck finding a Price Cut on your E. The only Cut they would give me was 500.00 because i went through the Dealer's Website...

then again the sales man was talking to me and they've only had a total of 4 of them on the lot at any given time (that and they've only been selling them for 6 months now)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I checked 5 dealerships in Houston and heard the same thing. We have so few and make so little off the sale thye could not lower it. However, after being told 3 weeks at one dealership, I went to another that had two. This one was accessorized. I told the web sales person I did not need all that and I would wait, he said what if I cut the accessories tag in half, I said sure. Got roof rack, tinting, mud guards, side guards and armrest for 900 instead. Look around but discounting the price is gonna be hard.

·
Registered
204 Posts
This is the single sore subject and poor experience I've had with this car. It's my own fault for not completing my homework before completing the deal. I got totally ripped on my accessories.

The dealer is now claiming that the gouging was not gouging at all, but simply installation costs and that the prevailing labor charge is $99.75 per hour. I am most disgusted at their refusal to just tell me that they got over on me, rather than continuing to lie and pretend that I didn't overpay.

Can't wait to get my survey from Honda, even just to vent a little. It doesn't detract from my total satisfaction with my Element itself.

Peace,
-jdef

1 - 7 of 7 Posts