Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 EX w/navi AWD , 65k , want to carry onboard compressor for tire inflation , but amps are low on accessory plugs and the draw from most units is to high. Is it as simple as changing fuses or do I need more advanced auto electrics, or a hard wired system. Has anyone ever seen an Element w/lockers on the rear diff. Funium 2

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
2010 EX w/navi AWD , 65k , want to carry onboard compressor for tire inflation , but amps are low on accessory plugs and the draw from most units is to high. Is it as simple as changing fuses or do I need more advanced auto electrics, or a hard wired system. Has anyone ever seen an Element w/lockers on the rear diff. Funium 2
Honda has a passion for using ONLY the bare minimum for anything with a rated capacity. Assuming the wiring on a 2010 is the same as the '08 model it's based on, I'd not try to go over the 10 amp limit. By the way, I found a decent 12 extension cord for my air pump that clips right on the battery when I need it. Got it at a truck stop or wouldn't be too difficult to make either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts