Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my SOP EX AWD 5 speed since May 25th. All the accessories
finally came in and tomorrow I will be leaving my little truck for the day to have all these items installed:

1. Hood air deflector
2. Side steps
3. Keyless entry
4. Fog lights
5. Rear bumper trim
6. Bungees for seat backs

I always worry when I take a new vehicle in to have accessories put on, you never know if they will mess things up somehow. Is there anything I should be aware of in having any of these things done by Honda Service technicians. Have any of you had one of the above accessories put on and had a bad experience in which you wished you had of been able to warn the technician not to have installed something in a certain way. Any input on any of these accessories would be greatly appreciated. I worry about damage , poor or sloppy installation. All I can do is hope for the best since I can't stand there and watch them.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Virginia

·
Registered
504 Posts
Tell them you want to keep the plastic covers from the roof where the roof rack is installed. If you ever want to remove the rack, you will need them. I'm still working on my dealer to replace mine.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Just remember that since the dealer is handling the installs they are responsible if so mething goes wrong! Stick to your guns even if something minor goes wrong!

Today is install day for me....I am getting ready to head to Lowes to pick up the nec. tools to install my roof rack and mud flaps, I am still awaiting delievery of my side steps (I am paying someone to install those). I will also be paying the dealer to install the keyless remote and alarm....but thay is next month's present for my E!

Little by little my E is getting all its toys.

I am asking the birthday fairy and Santa to go in together and get me and my E a kick arse stereo upgrade :lol: :lol: But alas that means I will HAVE to be good for the next few months! :cry: :evil: :cry: :evil:

·
Registered
540 Posts
DogBox:

Dealers vary, installers at the dealers vary, and installers vary day by day in their performance of their work - just as we all do.

In short, there are no guarantees that things will go flawlessly. But, one thing is for sure: you're paying for the work and it should be done to your satisfaction, period. If there are any little flubs, it's entirely your right to see that those are promptly corrected and not on your dime.

You got good advice about holding onto the roof rack plastic bits.

I'm betting, and hoping, everything will go very well for you. Let us know. And post a photo!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Check the fog light openings carefully for scratches and abnormally rough hole openings and also check that the beam pattern is straight.

Check to be sure they didn't slip up on the hood deflector scratching anything they shouldn't have.

Other than those items the rest of the stuff is pretty straightforward. You shouldn't have much to worry about.

Good luck.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Another thought is to have the service manager walk around your car, and look closely inside, with you, when you drop the car off. This way there will be no mistaking who caused any gouges, scratches or screw ups when you pick up your car. Hopefully all will go fine. But whenever work is done, little problems can arise.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thak ALL your stuff out of the car when you leave. No CD's, no change, nothing. While most folks are honest, the dealer will tell you they aren't responsible for anything left in the car.

And if you have to leave it overnight, insist that it be kept indoors, and get it in writing. If your car's outdoors and it's broken into, all you'll get is a shrug from the service manager.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts