Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/mar/27/accident-injures-one-highway-58/?breakingnews

Can I ask if you guys can keep my Brother-In-Law in your prayers. Those of you who made the 'Tunnel Tour' should remember Robbie, who brought the Fiero group on the tour with us.

Last night / early this morning Robbie was transporting another Fiero back to his garage when he stopped along the way to check on the trailer. While securing the car, he was struck by a vehicle and is presently in critical condition.

He has suffered numerous broken bones including both legs, one arm, several ribs, and a massive head injury. He was lucky that the friend helping him transport the car was an off duty EMT. It was he who saved Robbie's life until the ambulance arrived.

Right now he is in a coma at the hospital and the doctors are trying to stabilize him. We're taking it hour by hour right now and sure could use your prayers for him.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Benny,
We will keep Robbie in our prayers.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,522 Posts
We will do the same.... so sad to hear how it happened. Hope the recovery is quick...... :)

Keep your heads up as well... ;-)

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
You know I will Benny! Nothing like the brotherhood of Fiero! ( I do belong to that bunch also )

Although EOC is a close second.

Dom

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law, Benny. We will keep him in our prayers.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hang in there Benny, prayers are coming on strong.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on Robbie's condition. He's still in a coma, he is on a respirator, and still in critical condition. He is scheduled for another surgery early tomorrow to try and salvage his left leg which is broken in three places below the knee. The major concern seems to be keeping the blood flowing to the foot.

The head injuries are severe, and there is some brain swelling and bleeding going on but the Doctors say there is good brain activity. He has some severe injuries to his head / skull that I just won't begin to describe.

Broken bones pretty much all over from his head to his toes. He has responded to some stimuli - he has moved a finger and a toe. Not a lot to report other than he's hanging in there.

The family appreciates all the prayers during this time and ask that you keep him in your prayers.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
For updates on his condition, Click Here!

Dom

·
Registered
730 Posts
Your family are in our prayers!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Benny, your Brother-in-Law and all of your family are in our thoughts and prayers!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Prayers up. Wishing you and your family all the best in this painful time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If there's anything I can do for you, let me know, neighbor.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Benny,

I'm sorry to hear about your brother in law. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Let me know if we can do anything else.

Scott

·
Registered
543 Posts
We're with you all, Benny. Hold fast!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts