Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda thought that the Element was a perfect vehicle for the active 20 some year olds.

I noticed the there were some people who biked, and others (like my wife and me) who scuba dive.

What type of activities are you looking to do, or have done with your Element.

For example we are planning on using the Element for scuba diving. We got the cabanna to use when we shore and lake dive as a place to change out of our suits.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm a hockey player (inline) and I need space for a large equipment bag as well as room for a few sticks. In addition, on tournament days it will be nice to catch some sleep between games or be able to change clothes when there is a long layover between games. The Element will also be great for tailgating before hockey games at the arena in Raleigh with my friends. I'm 36 and married, but I'm not a couch potato just yet!

·
Registered
18 Posts
[quote:3aa11e2dc1="jnes"]Hiking, walking, muddy dogs and camping[/quote:3aa11e2dc1]

What she said.

Carla

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sleeping and watching the mini-DVD player I plan to put in there, talking on my cell phone and trying my air mattress on top of the fold out seats.

And thats just in my driveway :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello Elemental Adventurers. I am equipping my Element with two Internal Bike Attachements. (I have both a hybrid and a mountain bike. Also, if I can persuade her, I hope to bring one of my bikes and a bike for my wife on less challenging trips.) I also store a Folding Kayak (Folbot's Aleut Model) inside. A sleeping bag and a Eureka solo tent are also stored in my Element. My tent is totally bugproof (West Nile virus is not a good thing). If sleeping inside the Element proves satisfactory and IF the "Skylight Shade Screen" actually "screens out insects" as Honda's literature claims, I may stop carrying my solo tent. Other easily stored camping gear, including my Sierra Stove (uses small twigs as fuel), a water supply, and three days of dried foods also are stored. I pack a small collapsible camp stool (the tailgate will serve as my "table", and I also keep binoculars, a digital camera, reading material, and my "iPod" MP3 player in my Element. Oh, and there is even room for my guitar (I am trying to learn how to play it.) I truly will be using this vehicle as my "dorm room on wheels". Yes -- I am a septagenarian enjoying a carefree "second childhood." Isn't that what retirement is all about? When Spring comes to the midwest I will probably not have much time to post here and talk about by Element -- I will be too busy using my cute "Galapagos Turtle". I hope to see many of you this summer in Missouri parks and forests. Come over and get acquainted. Doctor Al

·
Registered
25 Posts
Holy Cow, Doc! You definitely thought this out! hehehe... I'm hoping to squeeze a couple of bikes in it. A few cans of air for the occasional trip to Monterrey Bay and other points underwater. And room for a couple of fat dogs who love the ocean... Yosemite on the other hand...a day trip up El Capitan and enough room for a portable ICU post rappeling injuries....

·
Registered
352 Posts
My wife, daughter,sister-in-law and her kids and I are cyclists. We going to try to set a record of how many bikes we can stuff into the E for our pilgrimage to the "Hotter than Hell Hundred" bicycle ride this year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love to go camping in Mexico. I had a 99' RAV4 (my brother-in-law has it now) and believe it or not we used to do the make a bed on the inside of that (folding down the front and back seats - I thought of it first!!!) just like the Element and camp on the beach in it.

We love to go down there for the tacos and relaxation. I cannot wait to see how my E handles the sand (the RAV was a 2WD and got stuck often)

Dano
Black 4WD DX
(Rims and kick-butt stereo coming soon!)

·
Registered
894 Posts
I will be buying a bike to keep in the "E" so that I can get a ride in after work. Also looking forward to trying out the "E" for camping this summer.

Iskie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts