Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I seriously doubt that Honda is going to do any vastly upgraded version of the E (in either the Acura divison or Honda divsion). If a consumer wants a more cushy, comfy, luxury SUV there are plenty to choose from. The E fills a void and I believe that Honda will continue to improve it's position in this void. It is based on low maintanence, low cost, and pure utility. I cannot see Honda blurring the distinctions between the E and the multitude of more cushy SUVs already in the marketplace.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:0968ec024d="tigernumber6"]I think the Element fills a void too. I just don't think it's the void they intended to fill (the low-cost roller for generation Y). At 30, I'm a little older than their target and have to admit, more power, leather and a power back sunroof would only be improvements and ones that I, and a many other gen Xers and babyboomers, would welcome (not all, but many).

If Honda keeps trying to tap the Y gen, then yeah, luxury improvements probably won't come any time soon. If they decide to play to the proven audience so far, they'd be doing themselves a disservice to not explore the possiblitly of offering additional bells and whistles. This older demo has more disposable income for those things.[/quote:0968ec024d]

I agree that the market Honda is hitting, with the E, might not be the target audience. However, I still think there is a limit to what people will pay for the E with accessories. All I can do is express personal opinons about this. I am 52 years old and bought the E because it is simple, big and cool and cheap. I think that the older ages now buying the E are buying it because some of us are just tired of spending a lot on a car.

I would not have purchased it with leather, seat heaters etc etc etc. Why? The E is a very inexpensive crossover SUV (one of the least expensive on the market!). Why make it more expensive, when the next level in SUV's is very very saturated (even with other Honda models). If I wanted to spend more, the choices are many. If I wanted to spend less, the choices are few.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:f11aea2584="tigernumber6"]I am of the older demograhic and did not buy the Element because it was basic, because it was cheap or because of utility. I bought it because I liked how it looked. [/quote:f11aea2584]

It is good that there are many reasons why people buy a car. You bought it for the looks. I bought it because it was basic, few frills, and low price for high quality and high utility value. The looks had to grow on me. And we are both of the older demographic side. Ain't marketing grand!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts