Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have some hearing loss and rarely hear the turn signal indicator. I also sit in such a way and position the steering wheel that the visual indicators are blocked.
I haven't seen anyone who had a way to increase the volume on the auditory indicator.
So, I was thinking about adding these to the the area about the circles of the instrument cluster.
I've read a few threads about accessing the instrument cluster for bulb replacement etc.
But, the question is can I add on to the back of the cluster for these indicators OR ID the appropriate wires in the bundle coming to the cluster.
My 2010 side marker lights do flash with turn signals - so if nothing else a known location could be had there - but that's a long way from the instrument cluster.
I thought about adding top of quarter panel indicators (wired to the side marker lights, but don't have any source for a decent looking top of quarter panel lights.
thoughts and ideas?

dash indicators located at: http://tinyurl.com/hp32suz

Attachments

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I'm thinking a really convenient way to tap for indicators would be adding a trailer wiring module. Not sure how much current that plug could provide on its own without getting in to trouble but it's conveniently placed and accessible without moving anything else.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The turn indicators in the cluster are leds so the circuit goes through a resistor internal to the cluster. If your indicators operate on 12-14 volts you would need to connect to the wires going from the turn/hazard relay in the under-dash fuse/relay panel to the cluster. The colors are GRN/RED for left turn and GRN/YEL for right turn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts