Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I finally got off my butt and added my power sources. A 3 plug constant hot 12 volt plug in the storage shelf to the right of the steering column and a 400 watt power converter in the glove box. Here are some pics.

At the battery...

Through the fender the firewall...

Wires coming thu hole in drivers side kick panel (sorry blurry)...

3 plug 12 volt...wire from 12 volt plug is going thru a hole drilled in compartment to power and ground wires...

I mounted the power converter in the glove box so that my wife can plug in the laptop when we are traveling.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Nice Job! would love to add an inverter like that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i was thinking of doing the same for my inverter as well. i did it with my valentine 1 and my neon lights... except i connected mine to the fuse box.

i ran my wires through the inside of the fender through the inside of the driver door but that looks ugly

so....where exactly run the wire through to get to the inside?...i cant find a hole anywhere...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so....where exactly run the wire through to get to the inside?...i cant find a hole anywhere...
On my '09 there is a small rubber cromet covering a pre-drilled hole. It is located on the drivers side kick panel just about where the sound insulation starts. I removed that and ran the wires from the passenger compartment through the hole and they end up in the left front quarter panel. They can be tricky to get to so I lit up the inside of the quarter panel so I could see them and took a coat hanger that I bent straight with a hook on the end to crab the wires. That seemed to be easier than going from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment.

good luck

·
Registered
161 Posts
On my '09 there is a small rubber cromet covering a pre-drilled hole. It is located on the drivers side kick panel just about where the sound insulation starts. I removed that and ran the wires from the passenger compartment through the hole and they end up in the left front quarter panel. They can be tricky to get to so I lit up the inside of the quarter panel so I could see them and took a coat hanger that I bent straight with a hook on the end to crab the wires. That seemed to be easier than going from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment.

good luck
sounds a bit confusing but ill give it a shot anyways thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.