Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got my 2010 silver Element EX 4wd, and I absolutely love it. It's my first car, and I cant imagine anything more perfect.

It had a few flaws, which i have begin fixing.

I needed a way to charge my phone without running a wire across the dash, so I decided to add an outlet. Using a Buss "add a circuit", i wired it into the fuse of the rear outlet, and connected it to a triple outlet. I connected a switch to the ground wire (because it does not power off with the car), and mounted it in one of the holes under the steering wheel, and secured it with a plate. I used a usb converter and ran the wire into the small compartment to the right of the steering wheel, so it's right under my phone mount.

Then, I took my Ikea Dioder lights, and wired them. I put a power inverter in my new outlet, and ran the wire across, and then down, using the space where the hood release is for extra wire length, and i pushed it under the plastic running along the driver door. I put the switch for the lights, and other neccesary wires under the driver seat, as i mounted them on either side of the center console. I ran one wire right to the right side light, and the other was squeezed under the front of the part that holds the cooler, and both lights were mounted.

All the wires are unseen, and they look and work great!

The lights come back on to the setting they were on when they lost power last. They can be set to a single color, flash between colors, or, my favorite, fade between colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Congrats on your Element and welcome ! They are great vehicles.
Looks like you did alot work with your LED's I like the idea of some ambient lighting.Are these adjustable for the output ? Is the brightness OK at night ?
Good start on your mods !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks skellington. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "adjustable", but you are able to select different color modes (individual colors, flash changing, or fade changing).

They are bright, but because they are down low and mostly between the center console and the seats, they just produce a nice overall glow, and glare is very minimal.

·
Registered
145 Posts
For future lighting projects, I recommend some awesome 12v LED light strips, ElementalLed.com
I have bought many feet of their peel and stick LED strip lights. No inverter required, dimmable, lots of colors available, or RGB plus a controller for any color you want.
Highly recommended and easy to use.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I actually already had these lights, so I just decided to put them to better use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts