Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When making plans to add 6th gear are there other parts to consider during this upgrade? Should clutch, throw out bearing, lsd, or other components be considered?

Would like to hear your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,521 Posts
There are threads on the LSD, may not be something you want to upgrade, read through those who have done it. :)
As for the clutch pack - ABSOLUTELY!! Since you have the tranny out, it only makes sense to get that replaced as well. That way, you KNOW when it was done, have YOUR choice of clutches (economy, daily driver, or high performance), and you also know how many miles are on it. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
The Toaster is correct. Clutch, disk, and throw out bearing are a must. Check the trans mounts also. You will love the 6th gear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before I love the 6th gear I need to finalize the purchase :p

I just wanted to be sure I had the proper scope of the project. So it looks like 6th gear, all the goodies in that package, and a clutch pack is what I'm looking at.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What in the world would you want to do that for? With the very slight differences in 5th and 6th......I mean, really! You must have a lot of free time on your hands with that car if you came up with something like that! Let it be!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
What in the world would you want to do that for? With the very slight differences in 5th and 6th......I mean, really! You must have a lot of free time on your hands with that car if you came up with something like that! Let it be!!
If you drove 5 speed M/T Element, you'd understand.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm assuming this is sarcasm because anyone who has driven a MT E at 3700 RPM @ 70 mph knows the E needs a 6th gear.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
When making plans to add 6th gear are there other parts to consider during this upgrade? Should clutch, throw out bearing, lsd, or other components be considered?

Would like to hear your thoughts.
YES!

what others have said. you'll have the case open, and have the full R&R labor for the transmission, so why not take care of everything? in my case, an LSD was also added, which is easier for my FWD vehicle than it would be for a 4WD vehicle. I definitely recommend getting new 5/6 synchros, rather than trying to "get away" with what's in there now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts