Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I hope to purchase an Element within a month or two. I've test driven two models and have done a boat-load of research (this site has been a great source for info - thanks everyone!). Here's a question I haven't seen covered yet. I like the sunroof, but want it closer to the front so I can enjoy it while driving. Is it possible to add a sunroof to the front section? Anyone have any idea who to go to to have this done? And finally, any guesses as to how much this might cost?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have seen photos of this. It looks pretty cool. I think the cost is about $300-400.

You can probably find someone in the yellow pages.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Search the boards....there are several posts and pictures on this subject. Some dealerships are selling Es with this mod already done (at a heafty price), but people have posted quite reasonable rates for this as an aftermarket mod.

Good Luck in your quest....may the E be with you :lol:

·
Registered
156 Posts
My research shows the cost of a decent roof to be in the US $1000-1500 range. That is a powered Webasto moonroof with sunshade. So it is possible, and has been done.

There is some talk about why Honda didn't put one in front -- for structural stability is the conventional wisdom. The rear roof is kind of a pita; I'd get a front one if I didn't feel it might jeopardize safety.

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm. The thought of the safety angle had crossed my mind. I'll look into this a bit more and let you know if I find anything worth sharing. Thanks for the e-pinions. [/img]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm. The thought of the safety angle had crossed my mind. I'll look into this a bit more and let you know if I find anything worth sharing. Thanks for the e-pinions. [/img]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I stopped by my local dealer and asked him about adding the front sunroof. He called Honda, talked to the Customer Service department, and was told that while, yes. it's been done, Honda has never safety tested an Element with a front sunroof. They don't "think" it would be a problem.
The dealer said he's had quite a few people ask the same question, however Honda has no plans to add this for the 2004 models. It might be, if they get enough inquiries, added to the 2005's. I'll keep searching unti I get a definitive answer and let you know what I find out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.