Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up an SC console and it came with the factory sub installed. I'd love to hook it up to help fill out my system (kenwood deck and Infinity speakers in the doors), but I'm not sure the best course of action... Should I pick up a factory amp and use it to run the sub, or should I grab an aftermarket amp (or amp and sub) and proceed that way? I really don't need very much base at all- my last ride had a powered bazooka tube in it and I was very happy with just that.
I'd like to keep the cost down as much as possible, and try to keep the amp up and off the floor. I just dont want to have some liquid get loose in the back and end up with a short.
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Agreed with Yoda, a small amp, like a cheap 2-channel Pioneer (Walmart has them for about $80) that you can bridge mono to run to the stock sub or go all out and get a better sub like a JL W0 6" or Kicker Comp 6"(it may be 7"), you can find many posts of "aftermarket sub in stock location."

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I finished this install up a while back and wanted to post a few pics... I used the stock sub (for now) and ended up going with a little POS chinese amp from the swap meet. I figured why bother ordering something online, wait, and haveto deal with a potentially sketchy seller when I could go to the swap meet and do the deal in person!
Here's the amp I picked up for $40...

And here it is mounted and wired up...

and the kick panel reinstalled...

I'm very happy with the install. Sounds as good as the factory sub is going to sound. Now I'm just throwing around the idea of swapping out the factory sub for an aftermarket one... we'll see.. The only complaint I have is the lack of options with the amp- I wish it had a built in variable crossover. Other than that it's one of the best additions I've done!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i wouldnt worry too much about the variable xover as long as it has a low pass xover of some sort. the factory one doesnt ahve anything variable either, so you seem to be all set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts