Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if it is possbile to put a two inch hitch on a 2011 honda element? I'd like to add a hitch mounted cargo tray. Any idea what the weight limits would be?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element LX
24 Posts
I have a hitch receiver on my 05 element awd, it uses a 2 inch hitch and ball. Not sure on what brand I have, but it says tongue weight limit is 300lbs. I haul my 250CC Dirt bike on it all the time with no issues.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Element EX-AWD -- Orange:)
5 Posts

Pretty easy to do on your own.

·
Registered
2009 LX, Auto, AWD, Omni Pearl Blue
72 Posts
I installed a 2" DrawTite hitch from eTrailer (item number 75659) on my 2009, which is the same rear bumper arrangement as your 2011. Went together with no problems at all--very easy install. Pushes up the bottom plastic of the rear bumper about an inch, but it does no harm ( took the hitch off after about 5,000 miles of driving and the bumper returned to its original state). For the electrical connections I picked up the original Honda trailer wiring accessory. That was very difficult to install simply because of the closed-space work that had to be done under the dash--have to hand it to the dealer mechanics who had to complete those installs. Once installed the wiring worked flawlessly.

This whole system was tested in late August by pulling a small trailer weighing about 1,000 lbs., with three adults and a Great Dane in the car, driving 4,400 miles from Chicago to Seattle to Anchorage. Drove for 10 days at 60-70 mph the whole way (except up the mountain passes) and only burned a half-quart of oil.

·
Registered
577 Posts
We put a 2” hitch on a 2003. Works fine. Can’t remember how much weight it can carry. We usually only use it for a cargo carrier, mostly extra storage for camping trips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts