Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element 5 Door EX (2WD) KA 4AT
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have planned making a trip of ~800 miles and I'm considering on replacing two of the tires.
Mostly because one of them is damaged on the side. It is currently on the rear on the copilot side.

and looks like one of the other ones slowly loses some aire over time.
They are ContiCross LX 215/70 R16 100S. I got the 4 at the same time and all four have the same wear.

About the suspension, there is a sound in the back every time after passing a bump.
I read it could be the stabilizer or the links, but they look fine and don't make a sound when I try to move them. The only thing is that the bushing is a bit loose and I'm considering on replacing them.
I fear I could need replace the shocks as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have planned making a trip of ~800 miles and I'm considering on replacing two of the tires.
Mostly because one of them is damaged on the side. It is currently on the rear on the copilot side.
View attachment 209136

and looks like one of the other ones slowly loses some aire over time.
They are ContiCross LX 215/70 R16 100S. I got the 4 at the same time and all four have the same wear.
View attachment 209137

About the suspension, there is a sound in the back every time after passing a bump.
I read it could be the stabilizer or the links, but they look fine and don't make a sound when I try to move them. The only thing is that the bushing is a bit loose and I'm considering on replacing them.
I fear I could need replace the shocks as well.
Go with the oem Honda sway bar links and bushings. Great parts. I just bought Yokohama avid touring s tires highly rated for long drives. Check out your lower ball joints and outside tie rod ends.. Get delphi... Monroe makes a complete strut assemblies with spring and top mount for basically a little more than a kyb strut alone

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go with the oem Honda sway bar links and bushings. Great parts. I just bought Yokohama avid touring s tires highly rated for long drives. Check out your lower ball joints and outside tie rod ends.. Get delphi... Monroe makes a complete strut assemblies with spring and top mount for basically a little more than a kyb strut alone
Thanks Sandmonster. I went with continental and installed the new ones in the from.

While installing the new tires, the mechanic pointed another problem. The bushings on the control arms :(

The one on the driver's side

Passenger side

The tire shop is quoting $140 to replace the bushings.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If it is $140 for both, that is a good price. These a kind of a PITA to do. See if you can find genuine Honda bushings, I think they stopped making them though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it is $140 for both, that is a good price. These a kind of a PITA to do. See if you can find genuine Honda bushings, I think they stopped making them though.
I doubt they will use genuine parts, I think they use moog parts, I will confirm once they finish the job, I just took the E to the shop.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I doubt they will use genuine parts, I think they use moog parts, I will confirm once they finish the job, I just took the E to the shop.
See if Sankei 555 makes the ones you need they are an excellent Japanese OE supplier, I have used their parts on a few cars, excellent quality, they last and are usually cheaper than Honda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts