Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:|Hi all, thanks for this site. I've really enjoyed it as I've been considering an E.

I'm into it and found one, hoping for advice..

It's a 2006 AWD EX-P with 87K miles. Asking price was 13,900. Today I got him down to 12,500. Being sold at a small dealership nearby. One owner car. Drove it, feels good - no damage to interior or exterior, tires are nearly new.

I am scheduled to take it to my mechanic in 2 days..so obviously if some red flag goes up I will have to re-think..

But my question to you all is (assuming my mechanic gives a thumbs up): How does this sound in terms of age of car / mileage and price?
I'm beginning med school soon and wanting a reliable and fun car. I'm a very active person and drive in all sorts of conditions and sleep in car a lot, which is why I'm interested in the E!

Thanks for any and all advice folks are able to give. I do appreciate it.

ps- fyi - I am buying with a car loan, so I need to go through a dealer (which I recognize bumps price a bit)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Have you tried looking for a loan through a credit union or bank?

Also nice try with the 06 Omni Blue Pearl, if that existed I would be hunting it down! That color with a rear sunroof, I wish

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, this loan is through a credit union in my area.

Any thoughts on the car itself / price ?

I'm colorblind, so I don't know much about the colors - just that its an 06 and its blue ;) Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I think it's a great price, NADA says it's worth about $15000 retail. Yes the miles are a little high for an 06, but if you want something that will run a long time with little problem then your looking at the right car.

Wouldn't buy a Kia or a Jeep with that many miles, but a Honda? of course!! Just make sure you get it thoroughly checked out, even if a car is built great, someone can still ruin it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I will let you know how it sounds after the mechanic takes a look!

If anyone else has two-cents to put in.. I'm all ears!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Other Thoughts...

In 2007 Elements went to a 5spd automatic with an additional 10hp improving gas milage. If you're looking at an 06 you may consider an 07.
Also, if you own a home why not get a home equity line of credit and sell your car outright. This way you can buy with cash and get a better price for your vehicle. Interest on the new loan will be tax deductible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts