Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element EX
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I installed the cat cover as soon as I got it since I live in Portland and cat thefts are an epidemic.

However, since I've had it installed, it creates a very noticeable noise and vibration, especially when in Reverse or moving forward at low speeds. It appears that it is vibrating against the heat shield, from what I can tell.
We used an impact drill so I don't think it is necessarily an issue with how tight the connection is...

Has anyone had this issue or know a solution?

·
Registered
03 4wd 5spd
40 Posts
Yes I had this same problem. I ended up drilling a lower set of holes for the rear plate to drop it down just a little. No noises now. PS I could write a dang book about all of the Aerogenics parts I’ve had to modify to make fit properly. But alas...I’m a sucker for billet! Good luck

·
Registered
963 Posts
I am a big dissappointed to hear that about Aerogenics, what other parts have you had from them and what had to be modified?

·
Registered
03 4wd 5spd
40 Posts
Had to drill out the bottom of the holes on my lift spacers to clear the knurl of the studs on the top of the struts. Trailing arm spacers came with bolts...that were the same length as the oe ones! So they wouldn’t even grab a thread. Rear lower control arms that do technically fit and work, but the bolts on the outside really should be a bit longer for more positive thread engagement. Of course the cat cover I already mentioned had to be modified. I think the only parts I haven’t had to modify are the 1/4 inch engine drop spacers and the swift springs for the rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts