Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I will soon embark in the process of re-installing a dead battery on my 2008 Element that I charged for about 20 hours(Also, I haven't used my E for about 3-4 months). I would like to know what are the steps for resetting everything to where it was before the battery died out(automatic full up/down on driver's window, resetting radio, etc.)

These are the initial steps I have so far:

- Install battery(once installed the alarm will likely go off so I would turn off the alarm once I hear it)
- Close Hood
- Reset the driver's full up/down window closure
- Input Radio Code

My concerns:

- I have a KARR brand car alarm. Is there anything that I need to do to make sure it behaves like it did before the battery died out?

- Will the onboard computer be affected by having the car sit without a working battery for so long?(3-4 months)

- Will the Maintenance Minder(Oil Change Life Indicator) and Tire Pressure Monitoring System still work ok?

- Any other caveats.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
590 Posts
yup, radio code, and hold the window down for a few seconds when it's all the way down, and then back up when it's closed.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I'm mostly clueless about the alarm...never bothered with them. I've heard of issues with them after disconnecting the power. :-(

Aftering intalling the battery, let it idle (with A/C & accessories off) untill the fans come on, then take it for a drive. 5 miles or so is fine. (This is a more "normal" version of the "idle learn procedure"...and a solution for your on board conputer concern). Check all the fluids good before and after!

I'd add some SeaFoam or similar to the gas tank and some fresh fuel.

Good luck, and welcome back to the "E experience."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts