Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was left as everyone else with 2 holes in the front bumper. I went to Lowe's which is like Home Depot and in the speciality fastners section I got 2 push in nylon rivets. I used 1/4 inch. I then painted them flat gray and pushed them in the holes in the bumper. They kind of lock into place. The rivets give a neater look then just painting the screws and of course either is better then the holes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My dealer,Southeastern Honda, Palm Bay, didn't attach the front license holder. since Florida doesn't require a front plate, I guess they don't put one one. I'll probably put it on someday just so I can "E"vertise my favorite Football Team...TAMPA BAY BUCS

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'm getting the Cloudrider grill which has a license plate attachment. No problem yet as I am still on temporary tags til July 3. Factory front plate holder will not be used.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yeah for many states the front license plate hole become personal expression time.. to show your favorite whatever.. or get something really custom made.. would be interesting to hear what everyone is doing with this spot.. with the exception of the 2 plate states (like my native home of Maryland.. i am now in a one plate state DE).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Get this. My dealer put on the license plate holder - IN THE WRONG PLACE!! They put it up high, on the middle horizontal piece, and screwed 2 holes into the plastic. I about had a stroke! To make a long story short, rather than making them replace the entire piece, I traded for a set of carpetted floor mats and a set of seat covers. It came out almost exactly the same dollar for dollar. To fill the holes I used two of the little black finned push ins that they use to hold the carpet on the interior of the trunk, and on the back of the back seats. They look like they were made to be there.

·
Registered
222 Posts
[quote:83fc459937="Tarheel"]I was left as everyone else with 2 holes in the front bumper. I went to Lowe's which is like Home Depot and in the speciality fastners section I got 2 push in nylon rivets. I used 1/4 inch. I then painted them flat gray and pushed them in the holes in the bumper. They kind of lock into place. The rivets give a neater look then just painting the screws and of course either is better then the holes.[/quote:83fc459937]

Good idea! I've been thinking about what to do with my holes. Everytime I go shoppin' for a car I get a better deal in Ohio, a two plate state, then bring it back to my ol kentucky home, which only has the one. I advertise the Reds on my VW, but would far rather not have a holder at all.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The state of ILL, you need the front license plate. I don't mind if it helps law enforcements catches crooks easier. Also if someone backs in front of me, my license plate holder will protect any nicks or scratches that i might have otherwise on my front bumper :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts