Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas where to install an aftermarket amp in the E?. The passenger side space where the EX amp is located is way too friggen small for anything powerful. This amp won't fit under the front seats or the rear wheel well storage compartments. With some minor modifications, I think the amp will fit into the front passenger door map storage pockets. I just hate to give up any storage room. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm the shop :) foreman of a mobile electronics shop an own an Element. I have a six disc alpine dvd changer and xm radio tuner pack attached to the bottom of my passenger seat (front) (not to the floor) with no loss of movement.you should be able to mount a decent size amp in this location. There are alot of powerfull amps in small chassis on the market. Good Luck.
I wouldn't mount something heavy like an amp on the doors, the weight would surely wearout the hinges. Allthough I too considered it! Tailgate is ok.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My buddy used to install car stereos and actually used to show his truck. He also looked at my E. The only place to install my after market amp is mounted right on the rear wheel well storage space. This won't take any floor space. The amp won't fit under the front seats or the EX amp location. I will post pics when I'm done.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to mount the amp to a 13"x12" wood (easily painted with spray paint to match gray surrounding it) mounted right above rear wheel well storage compartment). I'll post pics along with custom subwoofer cabinet/console work. I've already enlarged the hole in the console to fit a custom made carpeted medium density fiberboard cabinet filled with polyfill. This is where I'm going to mount an 8" Kicker solo-baric subwoofer. Subwoofer needs from .3 sq.ft-.7sq.ft. size enclosure which is do-able in same location as EX subwoofer but slightly extends forward. The custom cabinet will actually be semi-recessed into enlarged console opening. I will attach the foundation to the front floor console bracket with wood screws and rubber washers (take care to insulate all connections with rubber and foam). Subwoofer will be mounted in custom semi-recessed cabinet which will be fastened to a 2"x4" , 5" long (cut edge with mitre saw so wood will fit nice (lined up with two screw holes). I'm still thinking about somehow using wire ties to fasten cabinet to base. This will enable a "fairly quick release" if I ever have to do any work back there. I'll post pics of all aspects when project is done.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mounting the amp above rear wheel well will prevent me from folding one rear seat up onto the side. I'll just have to live with it because I need the amp for the subwoofer. I folded one rear seat up tonight at Home Depot. The E swallowed 2 sheets of 1/4" 6'x3' fiber board. It's a beautiful thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts