Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any aftermarket mods you can do for the 10 Element besides the obvious cosmetics you can buy? I have been scouring the internet for anything and can't seem to find one thing made for my 10 Element. Quite frustrating but accepted since it is a new car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I would like to do some performance upgrades but couldn't find anything. There also wasn't much info for 10's on here or on cardomain so i decided to ask.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got an 09 and unfortunately the body style has not and probably will not be around long enough for manufacturers to jump at making many new mods. I've been looking for a grille replacement for a year now :twisted: (one that doesn't have the mighty H in the middle), a non-ghetto high performance air intake and little things here and there and it's not looking good!

·
Registered
58 Posts
clear bra for 2010??

What's up guys?

I do a pretty decent amount of driving from nor cal to so cal and my older car was pretty beat up due to bugs, rocks etc. I was thinking of getting one of those clear bras but not sure if they'll mess up my paint at all (or mess up the way it looks). Can anyone suggest anything?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Thanks for the help. I would like to do some performance upgrades but couldn't find anything. There also wasn't much info for 10's on here or on cardomain so i decided to ask.
for performance the simplest mod is an exhaust. if you go for an injen or other brand exhaust... your pretty much paying for the polished stainless look. if you can get past the polished look a good exhaust shop can make you a cat back. older elements formula was 2 1/4-2 1/2 inch pipe with a resonator and 21 inch long muffler. the brand of muffler should effect sound level but if you stick to the muffler length it shouldnt get a cruise drone.

im currently looking into a full length header install on mine when I make progress il post results.

you can get an injen cold air intake 07+ should fit ours. (make sure you order one that has bracket for maf, rest of pipe is the same for 2003-2010)

or just get a k&n factory filter. K&N AIR FILTER 33-2343, 2006-09 HONDA CIVIC SI, ELEMENT 2007-2010

I've got an 09 and unfortunately the body style has not and probably will not be around long enough for manufacturers to jump at making many new mods. I've been looking for a grille replacement for a year now :twisted: (one that doesn't have the mighty H in the middle), a non-ghetto high performance air intake and little things here and there and it's not looking good!
grill replacement. unfortinatly we have to mod our grill ourselves. removing the H can either be simple or lots of work. and price can range.

im going for a factory look so my mod is the most costly and time consuming. im taking 2 grills and making 1 (cutting out emblem section and replacing with a side section same with factory mesh)

but you can mod your grill in many ways also remove the chrome H and install mesh to the front of grill for a flush look like this (you would need to bend the edge of mesh flat on the back. and bend back out. so it stays 1 piece and has an L shaped mounting flange on back.

you can cut the H out of the grill,cut the mesh out and patch grill and install mesh from rear for the recessed look

it all depends how much work you want to put in and money. as you can see in the last one. the section you repair in the grill can be taped off and sprayed black if you cant spray yourself or dont want to have your whole grill repainted.

What's up guys?

I do a pretty decent amount of driving from nor cal to so cal and my older car was pretty beat up due to bugs, rocks etc. I was thinking of getting one of those clear bras but not sure if they'll mess up my paint at all (or mess up the way it looks). Can anyone suggest anything?
if you want to get it then by all means do it. ive heard chipmagic is pretty good but it should be installed by a pro to look decent. now this is just personal opinion but there is no helping an element from front end damage. on my SC if i used the clear bra protector stuff. ide have to cover my mirrors,windshield trim,front edge of hood,grill,and whole front bumper. The cost varies. A typical shop gets anywhere from $175.00 - $250.00 for just the hood and the front corners of the fenders. The bumper is the most complex and can cost $200.00 - $300.00 more. Then you have the mirrors and headlights to consider. The total costs can add up to over $750.00 for a "full front-end wrap."

The less expensive brands of plastic clear bra may yellow with age and can sometimes peel up. The plastic leaves a distinct line that can trap dirt and wax. If you have existing chips, the plastic clear bra forms bubbles over the chips and the damage is even more visible.

that would be costly and while it protects like its supposed to it isnt as shiny as the paint. for the cost of the install ide rather pickup a cheap airbrush kit and a bottle of touchup paint. just inspect it often

·
Registered
58 Posts
for performance the simplest mod is an exhaust. if you go for an injen or other brand exhaust... your pretty much paying for the polished stainless look. if you can get past the polished look a good exhaust shop can make you a cat back. older elements formula was 2 1/4-2 1/2 inch pipe with a resonator and 21 inch long muffler. the brand of muffler should effect sound level but if you stick to the muffler length it shouldnt get a cruise drone.

im currently looking into a full length header install on mine when I make progress il post results.

you can get an injen cold air intake 07+ should fit ours. (make sure you order one that has bracket for maf, rest of pipe is the same for 2003-2010)

or just get a k&n factory filter. K&N AIR FILTER 33-2343, 2006-09 HONDA CIVIC SI, ELEMENT 2007-2010

grill replacement. unfortinatly we have to mod our grill ourselves. removing the H can either be simple or lots of work. and price can range.

im going for a factory look so my mod is the most costly and time consuming. im taking 2 grills and making 1 (cutting out emblem section and replacing with a side section same with factory mesh)

but you can mod your grill in many ways also remove the chrome H and install mesh to the front of grill for a flush look like this (you would need to bend the edge of mesh flat on the back. and bend back out. so it stays 1 piece and has an L shaped mounting flange on back.

you can cut the H out of the grill,cut the mesh out and patch grill and install mesh from rear for the recessed look

it all depends how much work you want to put in and money. as you can see in the last one. the section you repair in the grill can be taped off and sprayed black if you cant spray yourself or dont want to have your whole grill repainted.

if you want to get it then by all means do it. ive heard chipmagic is pretty good but it should be installed by a pro to look decent. now this is just personal opinion but there is no helping an element from front end damage. on my SC if i used the clear bra protector stuff. ide have to cover my mirrors,windshield trim,front edge of hood,grill,and whole front bumper. The cost varies. A typical shop gets anywhere from $175.00 - $250.00 for just the hood and the front corners of the fenders. The bumper is the most complex and can cost $200.00 - $300.00 more. Then you have the mirrors and headlights to consider. The total costs can add up to over $750.00 for a "full front-end wrap."

The less expensive brands of plastic clear bra may yellow with age and can sometimes peel up. The plastic leaves a distinct line that can trap dirt and wax. If you have existing chips, the plastic clear bra forms bubbles over the chips and the damage is even more visible.

that would be costly and while it protects like its supposed to it isnt as shiny as the paint. for the cost of the install ide rather pickup a cheap airbrush kit and a bottle of touchup paint. just inspect it often
That's some good information, thank you very much!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Backup Sensors

What's up all, so I realized something today. I have the rear camera on my E but I had a car parked behind me today and I was backing out, I looked out the back window, and I was pretty close to the car, but I looked at my camera, and it looked like I still had like 5 feet. Now I'm interested in getting some kind of backup sensors. Does anyone know of any good ones?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't think you can teach an old dog new tricks. After owning one for three years, it is the slowest Honda ever made.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't think you can teach an old dog new tricks. After owning one for three years, it is the slowest Honda ever made.
I test drove the Crosstour and I LOVE the "get up" of that thing. The E is slow, that was the first thing I noticed during my test drive. But dayum it fits my lifestyle so perfectly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
EP3 was the slowest Honda ever made. Great looking car with zero guts. I had an 03 with Honda HFP rims and suspension and factory ground effects. The car looked fantastic and handled great...but would run neck and neck with a Hyundai Sonata. Sad. I think E is peppy around town...but a dog on the Hwy, which is fine...I just get in trouble with powerful cars on long straight aways. What I tell people when they ask me about the E is, its the best thing I have ever owned, but just needs another 100HP.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
the way I see it. if the element came with say 250hp stock. it would prob run into "factory safety" issues. kinda like when people put a V8 in the old jeep wrangler. short wheelbase kinda tall.

now it wouldnt be an issue to some but not everyone can or wants to drive a race truck.

it would be nice if they had a special model. but i dont see that happening due to sales

1 - 14 of 14 Posts