Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been reading for months, contributing here and there, but mostly keeping quiet. Finally, I was able to pick up my Element last night.

I knew almost from the start that I wanted a 4WD EX with Navigation in Tango Red Pearl. Only one dealer in my state had that car in and it wasn't even listed as TRP in their inventory. I guess it might not be the only one in the state if all inventories are off. :)

Anyway, I worked with a very nice guy named Mel Girardin at Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg, VA. I did all of my communication by email until I was comfortable with the price and deal. The dealership is two hours from me and my boyfriend had a late meeting last night, so it looked like I couldn't get up there until the weekend. I was worried about losing the car (they wouldn't hold it for me), so I wound up taking a Greyhound bus up there and Mel picked me up at the station.

On a side note, Greyhound isn't nearly as scary as people seem to think it is. The experience was downright pleasant since I got to read the entire way there.

While Mel was lovely to work with, the business guy (the one who went over all the add ons and who drew up the paperwork) was not very nice. He started off on the wrong foot by looking at my book (1776 by David McCullough) and saying that he hated reading. He should have done his homework to see that I'm in academia. I declined one thing after another an at one point, he said "is it that you don't understand what it is?" to which I wanted to reply "I'm faculty at a university and I've studied this car and this deal more than you have." Instead, I just smiled and said "No, but thank you for trying."

FINALLY, I was able to leave with my baby.

Here are a few pictures. Keep in mind, I had to drive it home for two hours and it's evident in the pictures that some bugs lost their lives to my toaster.

THANK YOU ALL for sharing information and preparing me for this purchase!!!

Baxter doesn't realize this is his car yet.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
*uh-hem* (clearing throat)...

May she provide you many years of service and enjoyment...! Bee-yoo-tiful color
(2nd best I think...!) and the pup adds 5-mpg
...!

Congrats...!!!
Now... Let's get to MODDIN'...!!!

LBD

·
Registered
244 Posts
Very Nice

Very nice looking ride, Jeannine! And a handsome pup as well! Congrats on your purchase. Sorry the business man was "a turd in the punch bowl". But, you'll have that from time to time.

Enjoy the ride..... From another central Virginia owner!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, all! Can anyone tell me which model I'm supposed to designate on the UserCP of the forum? There are so many options that I don't recognize (AT? EX-P?).

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Jeannine, great looking car! Thanks for posting the pictures of your ride and the pup. I am sure the pup will really enjoy it :)

Your model must be EX AT

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Thanks, all! Can anyone tell me which model I'm supposed to designate on the UserCP of the forum? There are so many options that I don't recognize (AT? EX-P?).
Psst... Copy mine...! *wink* ;-)...

LBD

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
Psst... Copy mine...! *wink* ;-)...

LBD
Yeah, except for the fact she picked the BEST color, so, make sure you check that!! :roll::lol::lol:

WELCOME, WELCOME and congrats on the new ride!! She looks great, even with a few bugs (actually adds to the look, IMHO). :shock::razz::razz:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Beautiful...car looks nice, too!

Congrats on getting something you have looked forward to so much. It only gets better with the realization of ownership.

Now don't stay so quiet!

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Can anyone tell me which model I'm supposed to designate on the UserCP of the forum? There are so many options that I don't recognize (AT? EX-P?).
2WD, 4WD = two wheel drive / four wheel drive
DX (2003-2004), LX, EX = trim level
EX-S = side airbags (2004)
EX-P = painted panels (2006)
SC = SC
AT, MT = automatic transmission / manual transmission
5AT = five-speed automatic (2007-2010)
6MT = six-speed manual conversion

·
Registered
6,238 Posts

Yours is an EX .

Dom

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Glad you got your "4WD EX 5AT" figured out...! ;-) Anyway, is Baxter a front seat pup (goggles?) or a back seat rider...?

LBD

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome! Nice dog!

We just took our first "long" trip in ours (450+ miles over last weekend), down to Long Island and back. 24 mpg, and that's with a fair amount of stop-and-go traffic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyway, is Baxter a front seat pup (goggles?) or a back seat rider...?
Oddly, he doesn't love car rides. On long trips, he sits in the back and usually goes to sleep pretty quickly. If there's a very short trip to make (a couple blocks, side streets only), I'll let him sit up front and stick his nose out the window. :)

He does wear goggles, though!

·
Registered
288 Posts
TRP is the Best Color!

I agree-TRP is the best color of all!!!!!! (I'm a "little" biased!) Congrats on your new car! Love the dog!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts