Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Got a 2003 EX yesterday. I was pleased to find this forum! I'm looking forward to seeing what knowledge you have to offer and I will certainly share as I go along.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Welcome! Huge wealth of information here, just a matter of searching it out....

Indy puts you about the same spot as me in Cincinnati as far as Rust Belt goes.... We definitely get more than the drier south, but I don’t feel as though we are fully Rust Belt... more Rust Annoyance

ps - We are not responsible for mods that you will wish to undertake... Haha!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Huge wealth of information here, just a matter of searching it out....

Indy puts you about the same spot as me in Cincinnati as far as Rust Belt goes.... We definitely get more than the drier south, but I don’t feel as though we are fully Rust Belt... more Rust Annoyance

ps - We are not responsible for mods that you will wish to undertake... Haha!
Thanks for the reply!
Although I'm drooling over pictures I'm seeing, I'm nowhere near doing many mods as of yet. I'm focusing on making this thing drive as nicely as possible. Suspension parts are first on my list. Probably front and rear. Everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome-
I too, have a few suspension related items to address- but not caused by the midwestern potholes- and I saw plenty when I used to live in Indianapolis.
Keep me posted as to what you end up going with. I can decide if I want to stay stock or go all fancy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
--you have nice weather at the moment- get the underside all washed off, sand off the loose rust, then paint it with Loctite Extend rust neutralizer spray. ( I bought mine at Lowes for $6) It chemically changes the rust- so you can paint over it.. The rear axle assembly and under the tailgate hinge are problem areas. I know, because I saw what the used Elements from from up north looked like -
Drop the tailgate and lift up the hinged flap- see any rust? Get after the rust, before it gets any worse. You will find rust between the body and the rear bumper steel cross member - above the windshield is a area that needs looked at, too-
Have Fun!
and upholstery- if the driver's seat isn't torn yet from wear, invest in a set of seat covers- one weekend next year you might want to do to a car meetup/show - then can pull the seat covers off and show off your nice Element-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply!
Although I'm drooling over pictures I'm seeing, I'm nowhere near doing many mods as of yet. I'm focusing on making this thing drive as nicely as possible. Suspension parts are first on my list. Probably front and r auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver ear. Everything.
I was pleased to find this forum! I'm looking forward to seeing what knowledge you have to offer and I will certainly share as I go along.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts