1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Walker 82894 for me. CARB compliant.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here is what I put in my 07. Seems to be doing the job, but per the usual with aftermarket parts, I've been chasing the Check Engine Light ever since. I also put in an aftermarket O2 sensor, which is also coding.

Bottom line for me is that I've tried to save some money over the years by purchasing non-oem and that's fine, but my E doesn't like them. In fact, I logged in tonight to post about my current non-oem suspension headache so that others can perhaps learn from my mistakes.

72507563-WKS-5808-53478

Product Font Stonemason's hammer Geologist's hammer Claw hammer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My friend used an aftermarket cat and O2 sensors and has Check Engine lights as well. Im due for some suspension components so Ill check out your other thread.

·
Registered
270 Posts
When mine was stolen of of my '05 EX in October, I bought this one from Muffler Express. Disclaimer: I have not replaced the two 02 sensors, so am currently running it with check engine light on, since it passed inspection just two weeks earlier. The mechanic who installed it, said it seemed like a decent low cost alternative, and came with all necessary clamps, etc. YMMV

https://mufflerexpress.com/collecti...mNvlyZjWJwcbNt3tPVdzME4s6VZUgmrcaAlG1EALw_wcB

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD
83 Posts
Can someone recommend a good quality aftermarket cat for a 2005 awd Element?
Are you in California or another state?

I am not in CA, so I didn't need a CARB compliant cat. I ended up getting a cheapo on Amazon ("AUTOSAVER88") for under $150 and is a direct bolt in. No codes in the 2 months it has been installed. Given the price and how easy it is to install, and how common cats are stolen, I went the cheap route. Even if I have to replace it when I resmog in 2 years, I will still be money ahead.

The best part - when the cat showed it was labeled WALKER. So I can't say it is the same as the more expensive Walker cats, but it appears to be made by them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts