Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I currently know that both Gibson and Injen make quality exhausts for the Element and I was wondering which one was louder? I am looking for the loud sound on my Element and I was hoping you guys could chime in for some help?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have had the Gibson aluminized cat-back for a couple weeks. It does drone between 2-3k rpms. It's not exactly the loudest exhaust I've heard, any straight pipe Subaru with a fart can will be MUCH louder, but it's loud enough for me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have the Injen ses exhaust. It's loud at start, but quiets as car warms. Loud at accelerations. I like it, my wife doesn't. Not crazy loud, but I guess it's all subjective. I think there are some sound films on you tube.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The Gibson wont fit on a 4wd without modification, to what extent of modification I do not know.

Buy a nice muffler & exhaust tip and have a local shop fab the rest for you, might come out cheaper & leave you with better quality parts.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I too have the Injen SES 1726, it couldn't be easier to install. Just a few bolts, might have to replace the spring bolts and gasket at the flex joint. I really liked the sound at first it gave my aging E a little bit of fire. At start up you get a nice growl, and it does settle down with conservative driving. If you stomp on it it gets loud again. It's deep not a ricer sound at all either. I did get tired of the drone at highway speeds though & added some GT-mat soundproofing in the back and recently installed a Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator on the straight pipe. It still has some balls without being annoying.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Yonaka Motorsports just released an exhaust. 299.99. Not bad. Who will be the first to get it

·
Registered
730 Posts
I put a Gibson exhaust on my E and it is 4WD...he did have to do some sort of modification to the pipe but I am not exactly sure specifically where. Charged me about $75 to do it if I remember correctly. I like the sound personally. Louder when it is cold and sounds good when you coast down a hill.

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I think the yonaka with a vibrant resonator would be nice.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I love my injen, but I have thought about adding a resonator. I would be interested in hearing the yonaka on an E. Sounds nasty (bad) on a civic

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I will go with the route of buying a nice tip and muffler and taking it to a muffler shop and asking them what they can do and if they can't do anything I guess I will have to get the Injen (Ohhh darn ;-) ). Thanks guys! You were all a ton of help. :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'll give it a try.

I took off the Injen a few months back when it got hit by a very low subie. (Only thing damaged was the muffler.) I put the stock back on and kept rolling.

This is a good deal. I had a Yonaka on an Accord a few years back and it sounded great. Nice growl at start up and purr at running speeds.

Let's see what it sounds like with a full Injen CAE on it.

That Yonaka Motorsports looks interesting!

Someone should try it! Especially at this price $239.99 shipped

http://www.tunersports.com/yonaka-catback-exhaust-ymcb-ele0311_p46315.html

·
Premium Member
958 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well, Yonaka Motorsports just showed up at my office.

Can anyone say Weekend Mod!?!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, Yonaka Motorsports just showed up at my office.

Can anyone say Weekend Mod!?!
Definitely will be waiting for your review and video ;-)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Keep us posted with install pics, and reviews

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
The sooner, the better. I'm curious about fitment and how far the exhaust tip sticks out past the bumper exhaust cutout.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts