Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm really interested in what people do for sub enclosures. I haven't received my Element yet, but I'm already trying to plan out my sub install. Really would like to get a front stage... Anyone think the front console could be modified to allow for a 10inch Kicker L7?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I really recommend the Kicker Solo-baric L7's. I have a single 10inch and it hits harder than a set 12s I used to have. It's dual voice coil and can handle 300Watts RMS per voice coil. Also it only requires .66 cu. ft. of space for a sealed box, and 1.25 cu. ft. for a ported box.

I believe the 8inch woofer only needs .33 cu. ft for a sealed box, and .66 cu. ft. for a ported box.

http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?filename=l7solosub.html&menu=SUBWOOFERS

NE1 know the cu. volume of the factory sub enclosure. I thought I saw it in a post before, but now I can't seem to find it. Seems like it was around .3 or .5 cu. ft.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nat:
Can't wait to see what you've done. Did you make your enclosure from fiberglass or MDF? I too have a Kenwood deck, and the Kenwood Music Keg (nothing like 10gigs of MP3s coming through the CD change control) 8) . I was considering getting JBL speakers as crutchfield has some on sale for about $80 instead of $150.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts