Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

suggestions....are aftermarket headlight any good ? Are there issues with fit and/or ? Any brand ? Or is there a better one ?
Also, any other suggestions ? I don’t want to polish/refurbished the original ones on my 2007.

thanks

Peggyinez

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
290 Posts
Do you shoot a coat of clear...after cleaning them up?
Planning on cleaning mine soon :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Headlight damage is typically caused by UV light and sandblasting from the road.

After polishing up the headlights a UV sealant helps them stay clear for much longer. A clear protective film helps with the sandblasting.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi

suggestions....are aftermarket headlight any good ? Are there issues with fit and/or ? Any brand ? Or is there a better one ?
Also, any other suggestions ? I don’t want to polish/refurbished the original ones on my 2007.

thanks

Peggyinez

Just took a quick look since blacked out projector headlights sounds tasty but it looks like the only after market ones available now are reflector-types like the OEM ones unless you go full custom.

IMO, not really worth it. I'd just buy some clean used OEM ones if I didn't want to clean up the existing ones.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi,
I don't know about the E, but...

Have used the TYC Brand of headligts for other cars and have been pleased with quality vs price.

Made in Taiwan!

·
Registered
Honda Element 2007 EX MT
341 Posts
Do you shoot a coat of clear...after cleaning them up?
Planning on cleaning mine soon :)
Take a look at Sylvania's headlight restoration kit. Lots of sanding with a clear coat application at the end. They look brand new when finished. Lasts maybe two years but only costs about $20 or so. I'm getting ready for my 3rd go 'round. Think I'm gonna try and add a second layer of clear coat and see if that gives me any more longevity. Much cheaper than replacing. Although I would love a new OEM set if I could rationalize it. Think I'll save the money and put it in the suspension fund. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi

thanks

Peggyinez
I have changed many customers headlight assemblies.
Nothing is like Honda oem... Tyc and depo either leak or have beam lighting issues.. I'm gonna buy a new pair at Honda automotive parts.com. About 175. Each
Black housings for 2006 models... Only 150 more than tyc or depo brands... Also try morimoto led kits. High quality

·
Registered
41 Posts
3M drill sand/polish kit and Sylvania UV coating--20min work and they looked nearly new. WAY brighter too of course. After a year+ in direct sun noticed them barely beginning to dull, and touched up the job with the leftover materials. One of my best cost/time/benefit fixes.

I also rather like the Hikari R8-H4 bulbs I installed six months ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts