Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pack of 2 horns at Autozone a couple of days ago for $19.95. I wasn't expecting a lot at that price, but was very surprised at the sound. They are every bit as loud as the originals on those old Buicks and Caddys from the 60's and 70's. They are louder and have a nicer tone than the cheapo air horns I replaced too. I forget the name of them, but they have red caps and also included a relay in the package. I'm going to get another set for the wife's Corolla.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Thanks for the post! I have been thinking about doing this soon, and at 20 bucks, I'll do it today. Do you remember what each horn listed for frequency? 4300Hz? 5000Hz? etc. Usually a combination set will have 2 different tones listed like this to create multiple waves of sound that are generally more effective.

I bet they sound better than the original E horn! It's just kinda flat.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
your value for frequency are about 10X what they should be, but the numerical value is typical, ie, 430 or 500 Hz.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do these connect right up to the stock horns connections?

I ask because my issue is the orginal stock horn must have lost half of its umph... you know, they usually use two frequencies or something, well my horn sounds like a low-muffled HOOOOOONNNNKKKKKRRRRRNNNN, so I think half of it blew.

I am looking for either stock, OEM or aftermarket replacement that I can just unscrew the old horn and screw a new one in....

Doesn't need to be overly loud or ANYTHING, just a good cheap normal sounding horn.

Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Do these connect right up to the stock horns connections?

I ask because my issue is the orginal stock horn must have lost half of its umph... you know, they usually use two frequencies or something, well my horn sounds like a low-muffled HOOOOOONNNNKKKKKRRRRRNNNN, so I think half of it blew.

I am looking for either stock, OEM or aftermarket replacement that I can just unscrew the old horn and screw a new one in....

Doesn't need to be overly loud or ANYTHING, just a good cheap normal sounding horn.

Thanks for any help...
paulie...i also put in that autozone horn,,,for $20 its much louder then the oem horn...you will have to remove the drivers side wheel well plastic..its real easy..i changed the oem cause it was to low for me...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are called Blazer/High and low tone replacement twin horns. Two to a package for $20. You hook the original horn wire to the relay which is included, then run a wire from the relay to the battery. A ground wire from the relay and another wire from the relay to the horns. Pretty simple to hook up. They are some really loud horns and have a good tone to them too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
paulie...i also put in that autozone horn,,,for $20 its much louder then the oem horn...you will have to remove the drivers side wheel well plastic..its real easy..i changed the oem cause it was to low for me...

Did u buy the high tone or the low tone? I went to autozone and they had the low tone for $20, high tone for $20 and a package that included both for $26.

Also, is it easier taking the whole bumper off or the wheel well liner? I found instructions on the bumper removal but nothing on the wheel well liner. Any tips or instructions that might be helpful for wheel well liner removal? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts