Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done wireing the store bought wire harness for the Element to my aftermarket head unit. I plug it in and everything works except the sound. I am guessing it has somthing to do with the external factory amp. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bypass this or??? Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
i had the same problem. and your right it is the factory amp. what i did was i ran new wires from the connection to the factory amp to the new head unit. but that's only one option. if you research threw the forum i think there are other ways read Emass's post

·
Registered
37 Posts
[quote:7cf357f0a6="burr1t0"]i had the same problem. and your right it is the factory amp. what i did was i ran new wires from the connection to the factory amp to the new head unit. but that's only one option. if you research threw the forum i think there are other ways read Emass's post[/quote:7cf357f0a6]

Can you explain a little more fully how you did this? I haven't pulled off the dash column cover yet, but will this be at all obvious to a novice?

Any pictures would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

In the meantime, I'll be listening to the DX Greatest Hits:
Sound of Silence
Silence is Golden
Enjoy the Silence
etc...
:wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
all depends on what your situations is. if you have the dx all the speaker wires should be in place. and since you don't have a factory amp you don't have to worry about bypassing it .. all you have to do is hook up a aftermarket radio and speakers and you should be set.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thought the Honda salesman told me I had speakers in there, but I should confirm that first.

Also, I had two different people tell me that the Element dash kit is not yet available, is this true?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts