Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A seller on Ebay going by wwwmotorgearcom is selling aftermarket interior trim kits in a large variety of different finishes for Elements. Just thought you would like to know.

·
Registered
253 Posts
What category is that under? I couldn't find Automotive.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Burnt-o,

Do a search under "Honda and Element"

There are 2 different people selling the trim kit. :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am very intrigued by these kits. The Honda kits intimate some disassembly - but I did not see any installation sinstuctions on the MotorGear ones on Ebay. The price looks nice, and the range of finishes as well.

Iskie

·
Registered
608 Posts
Isketerol,

The Honda kits are pretty much just peel and stick. You pull off the protective backing, and stick them where you want.

While I don't know, I would say that the ones on ebay are the same.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Found it! I just wonder if the chrome would match the stock interior. I thought about e-mailing a winner and asking! Think that would be rude?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got one! I bought carbon fiber - its awesome! I will get photos as soon as we install - quality is amazing and there are a bunch of pieces - more than I would ever use, though :lol:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
can you post pictures of it?

how's the quality and overall look or it?

i'd like to get this trim too, but i'm worried it'll look cheap.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:dface83e70="Sheniferous"]can you post pictures of it?

how's the quality and overall look or it?

i'd like to get this trim too, but i'm worried it'll look cheap.[/quote:dface83e70]

I too am curious

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hope to put it on this weekend and I will get photos- the carbon is very good quality - looks really good when you have it in your hand. I can't wait to see it on!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
The whole kit is way too much for a GG Element! It would cover the green on the doors. I did add a piece to the cup holder and to the cubby hole above the rear view mirror. I like it! I am glad I got the real carbon fiber and not the checkered type of fake stuff - I think it looks better. The seller did have different types of trim. I almost got the metal looking one.
Thanks for the thumbs up! :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
The problem with the metal one is it is thin. It would be prone to dent and scratch I would think. You are right about the real Carbon Fiber. The other looks fake in pictures. Who sold you the kit?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I will try to get other photos - its hard to catch what it really looks like - the photos don't do it justice

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the brushed aluminum which matches the silver on my E nicely. I've used these types of products before and this kit is just OK.

First issue i had is when using alcohol to clean the area around the dash you have to be very careful or the alcohol will dull the plastic, better to use simple green or some other type of cleaner IMO.

Second, the cut wasn't as accurate as i've seen in other products. 1-2mm gaps are present on the door trim.

The highly visible pieces around the stereo and dash seem well cut. IMO the best part of this kit are the dash pieces. The brushed alum. was subtle but really created a nice, clean look to the dash - not too different from how it looked b4 the kit but a little more 'high end' looking.

The 3M adhesive which is used on most of these kits worked fine - no gaps or 'peel aways'.

The E is at the dealer getting a few accessories so i can't post any pics but will when it returns.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts